Like Tree6Likes

Best cost effective way to get some simple graphics done?

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Best cost effective way to get some simple graphics done?

We are having fun with a small buisness on the side, and need a bit of help with the odd bit of work done on illustrator. We have sketches of what we want done. It would be just a tiny bit now, but later on might be more if things work out.

What would be the most cost effective way to get this done? Suggestions most appreciated.

I've used elance.com many times and is good to find competent designers. It is costs effective too.

Kiz likes this.

or Fiverr.com for truly small jobs (you can buy multiples of $5 for bigger projects as agreed with the seller)

Kiz likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by muzzdang:
    or Fiverr.com for truly small jobs (you can buy multiples of $5 for bigger projects as agreed with the seller)
    I've used fiverr too. Let me say, you get what you pay for......
    East_coast and Kiz like this.

Thanks for all the replies! Really useful!

unfortunately good design work is very hard to find in hong kong. when it's affordable, it's often crappy or substandard. it really depends where you set the bar

you can use these platforms as mentioned above, but they take a lot of time to get something done

you can also find local designers, but many are not good, unreliable or really expensive if they are good

Quote Originally Posted by cookie09:
    unfortunately good design work is very hard to find in hong kong. when it's affordable, it's often crappy or substandard. it really depends where you set the bar

you can use these platforms as mentioned above, but they take a lot of time to get something done

you can also find local designers, but many are not good, unreliable or really expensive if they are good
    Yes, totally agree with this statement.

Also goes for ad agencies. I've used cheap crap, medium level and high end agencies there is not much difference between medium to crap agencies in design and strategy. But going to high end is expensive for the return you get.

I don't know how many times I've done all the design layout which I expected the agency to do. You give them a good brief and the first layouts are totally not what you expect.

There are good designers in HK at a reasonable price. I use a couple for my business. Ask for recommendations (for designers) and monitor the process for the best results. Often their English isn't the best (and I don't speak much Canto) so I am careful to ensure they understand what I want.

Might be a little too late, but you should definitely check out crowdSPRING.com
    You fix a certain amount you're willing to pay for a logo, explain what you would like it to be and several designers will work on the project at the same time, providing you with different drafts, modifying these based on your feedback and when the projects reached its end you get to choose, which one you want to use and you only pay for that one.

Quote Originally Posted by altralazer:
    Might be a little too late, but you should definitely check out crowdSPRING.com
    You fix a certain amount you're willing to pay for a logo, explain what you would like it to be and several designers will work on the project at the same time, providing you with different drafts, modifying these based on your feedback and when the projects reached its end you get to choose, which one you want to use and you only pay for that one.
    Wow, these industrial standards nowadays? It looked holy sh.. crap.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast