Like Tree18Likes

Bed Sheet Business - Good or Bad Idea?

Closed Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

does this company casablanca ( who also has the elle licence for bedding) do similar quality (ie, up to 1000 plus threads) at the same/lower price than your proposal

they are also avalible in most department stores meaning that they are pretty decent quality, ie, sogo, wing on, jusco/aeon and sincere

I can not see how your proposed business will be sucessful

chris_yang22 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by flameproof:
    Be prepared to meet for transation at Mongkok MTR station, exit C
    hahaha! your comment had me in fits!!! i imagined myself lurking around Mongkok with a weird looking package

But seriously? What are your thoughts on PayPal?

Quote Originally Posted by simbanini:
    Point of difference was cheaper sheets! (ikea is around 299 hkd... so i wanted to place at 400 hkd-600 hkd. linenhouse is around 1200hkd plus) Hand picked designs and maybe even a little embroidery...
    Well, I beg to differ. I bought a complete double bed set for $250. Fitted sheet, top quilt cover and 2 pillow cases.

Mind you, quality is suspect.....

I think what you are looking for is quality & good designs at an affordable price.

Quote Originally Posted by virago:
    Remember that around 95% of locals are Chinese so NOT having a Chinese version of your website is going limit your opportunity dramatically.

Yes, locals do speak English but about only 40% speak on a daily basis or use at home.

Doesn't cost much more to have a Chinese version of your website.
    Very good point! Alright, will do that!! Thanks!!
    On the flip side, will need to have somebody who is fluent answer phone calls...

Very good point! Alright, will do that!! Thanks!!
    On the flip side, will need to have somebody who is fluent answer phone calls...
    And more to the point you have to market in Chinese! English is the easy part for an expat. Finding reliable people to do the Chinese part is the key.

You can have a local man the phones definately.

Well, I beg to differ. I bought a complete double bed set for $250. Fitted sheet, top quilt cover and 2 pillow cases.

Mind you, quality is suspect.....

I think what you are looking for is quality & good designs at an affordable price.
    wow, thats a stellar price!!! May i ask from where - i think i should wrap up this business and start shopping where you shop!!!!!

But yes, thats exactly what i was trying to do. Adding marketing cost, website hosting fee etc, it is hard to match that price!!

And more to the point you have to market in Chinese! English is the easy part for an expat. Finding reliable people to do the Chinese part is the key.

You can have a local man the phones definately.
    Yes, i can easily find someone! The other day someone handed me a flyer where they do just that Amazing, people in HK thing of everything!!

Where do you think i can market in Chinese... I was going to place an ad on geoexpat for expats... its not expensive and i think gets traction here... any ideas about Chinese customers?

Also, we all hate flyers dont we? I have noticed nobody takes them!!

wow, thats a stellar price!!! May i ask from where - i think i should wrap up this business and start shopping where you shop!!!!!

But yes, thats exactly what i was trying to do. Adding marketing cost, website hosting fee etc, it is hard to match that price!!
    Sham Shui Po. But honestly it is crap and design is not great....

Remember if you cater to the local market you need to have local requirements and designs. Goes without saying you need to target with the right offer.

Original Post Deleted
    Ouch! But true. How would you suggest it can be differenciated? Any ideas? Or how would YOU do it?

Quote Originally Posted by ufo20022008:
    Taobao? Groupon? Beecrazy? Groupbuya?
    In my research i also found quite a few online bedlinen sites, which made me think this was viable...

Because of soaring rents a lot of people are now moving businesses online in HK, at least thats what i have read ...