Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By chingleutsch
  • 1 Post By Mrs. Jones

Setting up a playgroup business

Closed Thread

Question Setting up a playgroup business

Hi, everyone! I am a fresher to start up a business, and especially for education centre. Therefore, I would like to ask if anyone could help me by telling me what I need to do in order to start up my business!

1) Do my company need to be registered before I opened it? (If so, where can I apply?)
    2) Anything that's the playgroup business market lack of? Because I want to set up mine as an unique playgroup to attract customers. So, if any parents seen this post or anyone has some ideas, feel free to say so.

I would be very appreciate for who could answer my questions!

Many thanks

Sarcasm - because beating the crap out of people is illegal

This gives you some of the background to starting a business in Hong Kong and the regulations/laws you must adhere to.

Starting a Business (Licensing, Registration & Regulations)

And here is some information from InvestHK on setting up a company, such as registering, visas, company bank accounts.
    Setting up your company

You will also need consider other things, such as insurance.

Last edited by Claire ex-ax; 11-10-2013 at 04:24 PM.

In terms of registration, your business need to be registered 1 month after the business is started.

However, as mentioned by Claire ex-ax, you need to consider things like insurance, bank accounts, location, etc. Most of the stuff needs an Business Registration to proceed.

So, my advise is, once your plan is confirmed, do the registration first to avoid any trouble and delay.

If there's anything I could help further, please PM me.

Quote Originally Posted by itsmechocho:
    Hi, everyone! I am a fresher to start up a business, and especially for education centre. Therefore, I would like to ask if anyone could help me by telling me what I need to do in order to start up my business!

1) Do my company need to be registered before I opened it? (If so, where can I apply?)
    2) Anything that's the playgroup business market lack of? Because I want to set up mine as an unique playgroup to attract customers. So, if any parents seen this post or anyone has some ideas, feel free to say so.

I would be very appreciate for who could answer my questions!

Many thanks
    Oh and you also have to decide whether it is a playgroup or Education centre as then it becomes more complicated as to what constitute an "education centre". There are certain rules and criteria as well as licences to be considered. Please seek advice on this before you proceed with the registrations.

Not to mention the need to comply with health & safety and building codes!

HKITperson likes this.

Also see website education bureau. Finding a location will probably be your biggest hurdle. Good luck!

HKITperson likes this.