Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By hugeflyingcat

Accounting Fee for end of year accounts

Closed Thread

Accounting Fee for end of year accounts

how much is a reasonable fee for preparing company accounts for a limited company?
    my accountant charges 12,000HKD. just wondering if this is on the high side!

Quote Originally Posted by RKG:
    how much is a reasonable fee for preparing company accounts for a limited company?
    my accountant charges 12,000HKD. just wondering if this is on the high side!
    Do you actually mean preparing accounts or carrying out the audit? Either way it surely depends on how active and complex the transactions are.

If the company has minimal activity i know accountants that will do the annual audit for as little as 5,000 HKD.

HI Trebor - please can you share who your accountants are? I invoiced three times in one year and earned virtually nothing and am being charged 15,000 to file taxes. I want to close the business down, to do this and file taxes the firm wants nearly 18,000. Very upset as I've spent more on accountants than I have earned. Appreciate any help with a decent firm who can just tidy this up for me.

I've used these guys for the past few years who are based in Kwun Tong, a third of the price of my original HK island based accountants. I'm paying far less than you for my accounts, auditing and annual return on a fully working business issuing several invoices per week.

Home - World Smart Accounting Services

Thank you - email sent!

Part of the fee you paid is for rent .... since rent in Kwun Tong is "much" cheaper than HK island and some other locations ... you get lower fee quote for an accountant located in non-Central, Admiralty, TST, Wanchai areas.

Quote Originally Posted by jaykay:
    I've used these guys for the past few years who are based in Kwun Tong, a third of the price of my original HK island based accountants. I'm paying far less than you for my accounts, auditing and annual return on a fully working business issuing several invoices per week.

Home - World Smart Accounting Services
    SalseroHK likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by hugeflyingcat:
    Part of the fee you paid is for rent .... since rent in Kwun Tong is "much" cheaper than HK island and some other locations ... you get lower fee quote for an accountant located in non-Central, Admiralty, TST, Wanchai areas.
    Well that was the point really........

Hi @tannbann Did you find some good accountant and how much you paid finally for it? Any experience with Smart world acocunting? Thanks for your help!

Quote Originally Posted by tannbann:
    HI Trebor - please can you share who your accountants are? I invoiced three times in one year and earned virtually nothing and am being charged 15,000 to file taxes. I want to close the business down, to do this and file taxes the firm wants nearly 18,000. Very upset as I've spent more on accountants than I have earned. Appreciate any help with a decent firm who can just tidy this up for me.
    Last edited by shri; 23-06-2016 at 02:00 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Eelco:
    Hi Tannbann Did you find some good accountant and how much you paid finally for it? Any experience with Smart world acocunting? Thanks for your help!
    The Company I linked have just charged HKD 5,000 for one of my client companies. Edit - it was fairly inactive though.