Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Hkworker2014

Starting a consulting service?

Closed Thread
  1. #1

    Starting a consulting service?

    Hi everyone:

    I was wondering if you could give me some advice on starting up a consulting service please? I recently resigned from my job--my work visa lasts till September, and I'm a Canadian citizen. I'm hoping to stay in Hong Kong and start a consulting service, and I would really appreciate it if you could point me to some resources on the immigration/legal, registration, potential tax in the future side of things on this please!

    Thank you so much of your time!

    TAFG likes this.

  2. #2

    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Sarcasm - because beating the crap out of people is illegal

    Do you have the right to live/work in Hong Kong without a visa?

    Much free information on these topics can be obtained from:

  3. #3

    Join Date
    Dec 2002

    The CLIC also covers a lot of the basics of starting and operating a business in HK.

    CLIC - Business and Commerce - Setting up a small or medium-sized business in Hong Kong

  4. #4

    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Hong Kong

    Consulting in what field?

    Most one-man consultants would typical open a sole proprietor business - that's what my husband did. It's hard to get a visa for one of those. Your existing visa does NOT cover working for anyone other than your original employer.