Like Tree2Likes

Fabrics

Reply
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
  1. #1

    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    8

    Fabrics

    Hello,

    I am looking for a company that sources/produces high quality fabrics in Hong Kong, neoprene, cotton (technical and luxury). I have been to Sham Shui Po but cannot find anything high standard.

    Thank you very much for any advices/contacts

    P.


  2. #2

    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    ??
    Posts
    17,886
    Quote Originally Posted by polzah
    Hello,

    I am looking for a company that sources/produces high quality fabrics in Hong Kong, neoprene, cotton (technical and luxury). I have been to Sham Shui Po but cannot find anything high standard.

    Thank you very much for any advices/contacts

    P.
    Please define high quality.

  3. #3

    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    8

    Hello! Thanks for your answer.

    By high quality I mean something close to Italian quality. Fabric that doesn't rub off or fade with time.
    I hope it's easier ?


  4. #4

    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    South of Sweden
    Posts
    3,906

    SSP fabric shops are all agents for China. If you want Italian quality, then you must locate from the source. Even some high end designers obtain their fabrics from China, India or Vietnam. You can try heading on up to Guangzhou to the Textile City ( MTR stop is Sun Yat Sen University) for a small city size area of all the textiles and extras you can imagine. Take at least five days to seriously search through the area, and samples of what you are looking for, the names in written Chinese. These are serious traders who sell in bulk but the prices are much cheaper.

    Shanghai, you may find some good quality but it tends to be same same everywhere. Good luck and go to the source. If you want Italian, then go to Italy.

    jgl likes this.

  5. #5

    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    ??
    Posts
    17,886
    Quote Originally Posted by Natfixit
    SSP fabric shops are all agents for China.
    Some are also agents for Taiwanese and Japanese mills. Most sell by sight and feel but some do sell by specification.


    Quote Originally Posted by Natfixit
    If you want Italian quality, then you must locate from the source.
    There are fabric agents in Hong Kong for the better Italian mills but they are not located in SSP. Also some Italian mills churn out mass market rubbish.

    Quote Originally Posted by Natfixit
    Most high end designers obtain their fabrics from China, India or Vietnam.
    Corrected it for you


    Suggest OP learns some technical terminology so the can look for yarn dyed 120/2X120/2 rather than 50'S/1 x 50'S/40D printed.

  6. #6

    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    8

    Thanks for all these infos guys

    Any idea where I could contact one of the HK agent for the Italian mills


  7. #7

    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    ??
    Posts
    17,886
    Quote Originally Posted by polzah
    Thanks for all these infos guys

    Any idea where I could contact one of the HK agent for the Italian mills
    Contact the Italian mills you like and ask them who their agent is.

    Are you buying by the roll or less?

  8. #8

    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    8

    I would like less to start.

    I have a few fabrics that I like in hand but don't know where they come from.


  9. #9

    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    8

    Thank you!


  10. #10

    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    13,163
    Quote Originally Posted by polzah
    I would like less to start.
    I have a few fabrics that I like in hand but don't know where they come from.
    I cant think of any company that would be willing to talk to you if you are not even buying by the roll....

    If SSP doesnt help, head up to Shenzhen for a lot bigger choice - you've got the 5th floor in LoWu or the DongMen Fabric market and show your fabrics around....
    HK_Katherine likes this.

Reply
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast