Like Tree81Likes

Setting up a coffee shop in HK.

Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Setting up a coffee shop in HK.

Hello,

I am thinking of moving to HK and open a small business there. For example a coffee shop based on French franchise with proved profitability in several countries. Do you think it is interesting for HK? Any perspectives for this kind of coffee like Brasserrie?

Any ideas for new small retail business?

Oscar.

Ground rent will kill you.

Quote Originally Posted by Gelewagen
    Hello,

I am thinking of moving to HK and open a small business there. For example a coffee shop based on French franchise with proved profitability in several countries. Do you think it is interesting for HK? Any perspectives for this kind of coffee like Brasserrie?

Any ideas for new small retail business?

Oscar.
    that profitability needs to be tested to HK rents. Trust me when I say that rent in HK kills small businesses

we have delifrance, maison eric kayser, and cafe de coral.

you never know if you never try.

Quote Originally Posted by dumbdonkey
    we have delifrance, maison eric kayser, and cafe de coral.

you never know if you never try.
    Cafe de coral doesn't seem to be a "coffee shop based on a french franchise"
    shri and angeluscomplex like this.

Quote Originally Posted by alexdown
    Cafe de coral doesn't seem to be a "coffee shop based on a french franchise"

All of the above mentioned shops are based on a "Chinese idea of a french franchise"
    I doubt there will be a huge market, mostly centered in Expat areas, most local Chinese prefer Korean or Japanese based concepts.

All of the above mentioned shops are based on a "Chinese idea of a french franchise"
    I doubt there will be a huge market, mostly centered in Expat areas, most local Chinese prefer Korean or Japanese based concepts.

Quote Originally Posted by mrgoodkat
    Have you been to Taipei recently?

Coffee culture is very cool. Lots of small coffee shops and an informed coffee culture. It will come to Hong Kong if rents allow people to take a risk.

Nep

I walked through wan chai last week and saw coffee shop after coffee shop. There's even one in Kennedy Town. An excellent one!
    I would try to come up with something different .
    Just do a quick calculation on how many cups you would have to sell to cover the rent. Also you have only a couple of hours before people switch to alcohol in Hongkong ;-)

Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast