Like Tree54Likes

ParknShop's online shop is a disgrace-SCMP

Closed Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Original Post Deleted
    Thanks for the feedback. Let's see how this next order goes and I'll see.
    The most surprising thing I have found since coming here last year is just how poorly served HK is from an online shopping point of view.
    TheBrit and Skyhook like this.

Quote Originally Posted by zedman:
    Thanks for the feedback. Let's see how this next order goes and I'll see.
    The most surprising thing I have found since coming here last year is just how poorly served HK is from an online shopping point of view.
    Locals don't really like to online shop they prefer to physically see the goods etc

Always been the case and always will
    East_coast likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by jimbo:
    Locals don't really like to online shop they prefer to physically see the goods etc

Always been the case and always will
    Perhaps a chicken and egg thing - order colgate get oral b, so you need to physically see the goods.

Original Post Deleted
    Some of the local shops or pharmacies are cheaper for things like toilet paper and shampoo. Also, even if they buy that stuff from P&S, there is no reason to do a separate online purchase of that. It would just be included in the regular shop since people rarely buy in bulk due to space issues.

Original Post Deleted
    Must be tough being so cynical. Though I won't do the usual practise of asking for evidence or sources for your claims.
    Rob2020 and shri like this.

I was always puzzled by the amount of toilet paper purchased. Do HKers have the permanent shits or something?

Rob2020 and East_coast like this.

Quote Originally Posted by hullexile:
    I was always puzzled by the amount of toilet paper purchased. Do HKers have the permanent shits or something?
    TP is multi-functional here, it often replaces paper towels/serviettes etc - surely you've seen rolls of TP on dining tables, even in restaurants
    hullexile likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Rob2020:
    TP is multi-functional here, it often replaces paper towels/serviettes etc - surely you've seen rolls of TP on dining tables, even in restaurants
    I've always thought it pathetic that people are to cheap to spring for decent napkins or at minimums kitchen roll. Toilet paper is great for what it's designed for... it's terrible at being a napkin or hand towel.

Perfect setup for my line. Shit happens. Deal with it.