Like Tree3Likes

Recommendation on E-commerce Platform

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Shopline.

Hong Kong Cyberport narrows target of HK$200m Macro Fund unveiled by CY Leung to start-ups past seed stage | South China Morning Post

I guess their funding of US$1.2m is tiny compared to Shopify's market cap of US$2.6b. As a new start-up myself, I'm willing to give it a try at first and support young entrepreneurs.

Last edited by cspen; 28-04-2016 at 02:21 PM.
    jayinhongkong likes this.

You have forgotten a couple of important Cons when comparing to Shopify or BigCommerce or similar big guys:

1) Shopify is very well known so you can hire all sorts of freelancers to do various template or custom code works. Shopline will be harder.

2) Shopify also has a ton of plugin apps to help you along the way.

3) Shopify and Bigcommerce have big communities where you can ask dumb and smart questions.

4) With bigger communities come extra support/tutorials/podcasts and other helpful resources.

No platform is perfect, but after a lot of planning, I ended up running one of my businesses on Shopify + Braintree. A very flexible platform. If you know your stuff, you can create a great site, and even if you don't, you can actually set it up fairly easily without being a rocket scientist.

I am planning to sell things on amazon or open an online store on shopify. It will be small setup intially for latest gadgets and electronics. any recommendation which platform is more feasible and effective as on amazon I am afraid of longer shipping duration or higher shipping cost if choose FBA.

Appreciate any guidance from someone who has already gone through these steps recently.

Thanks

I used Shopify and Etsy before for my online shop, but it didn't help much in your business, just a fancy template e-commerce site.

HKCouch likes this.

Thanks Danisa, any recommendation for starting up ? I dont mind whether its my own shop or selling on some platform just curious if there are any platform that give me an edge based in HK.