Hey all,

Background: I work in software, came to HK and stepped on the IT ladder, now have free time from work due to some personal issues. Probably looking to do work in similar field, but have some teaching experience so I have some options.

I would like to put that free time to some good use. Is there anything I need to do prior to seeking freelance jobs?

I assume that I don't just offer to do a task for someone then begin if they accept, sounds like a good way to get screwed and not in a good way. So will I need to have a lawyer craft a contract-like document for me, or is there a template I can use from the relevant Government dept.? Will it be advisable to create a company then work through that to avoid any issues or is that only if I plan on expanding or making a lot more money?

I know about the taxes and MPF contribution side of things though. Also have PR here so no need to worry about visas.

I've tried to do research on this but experience trumps any FAQ on the govt. website, so I figured I'd ask on here in case others have done the same.

Thanks!