• 1 Post By shri
  • 1 Post By shri
  • 1 Post By MandM!
  • 1 Post By Jamie john

Importing Expensive old cars and modern cars

Closed Thread
    Jamie john

Exclamation Importing Expensive old cars and modern cars

Im plankng to import for expensive old cars from some location and sell them here as a concept and also import new cars too , so what do you guys think about my idea ?

"expensive"

MandM! likes this.

companies like golden century motors, golden world motors, and others have all started by importing new cars. margins are very thin, if any.

Have a look here: Car City and if there is something that you could do much better, then by all means have a go!

Otherwise I would try something else.

so many local companies already Importing new cars. Do you have millions to spend to buy/import/register/store new cars or old cars???

Jamie john

Its looks like this guys r millionaires and they get the top cars,i think europe and hk is way too different and must study hk market

Would be really good, instead of starting a thread for every random sounding idea, if you started one which gave the readers an honest profile of who you are and what you do - so far, you've shown interested in a lot of random topics and this will just provoke some (well intentioned I think) sarcasm and cynicism.

We all understand (and we should also empathise a little bit) that you're probably new in town, young and looking for some way to establish yourself and settle down on some business or career.

There are some who can help and there are many who will not ... but the quality of the help and suggestions you get will only be as good as the question.

Random question - random answers.

(In the computing industry we have a term .. GIGO .. Garbage in, Garbage Out. I don't mean this harshly, but think about it ...)

Last edited by shri; 05-03-2016 at 10:59 AM.
    jimbo, MandM!, hullexile and 3 others like this.

You would need to create a niche market with the rich. Requires a big client database and lots of marketing dollars and private parties.

Start with something easier first and build up the clientile then import a cool car for yourself and show you your clients at private functions and see what the interest is and if you can sell it. Then go from there.

Parking space is a problem. People need functional cars in HK and don't have room for extra weekend cars. Offer a solution to this too.

Jamie john likes this.

I am sure the two or three car dealers here on the site will have a good laugh at my attempt to break down the logistics / business part.

But here's my read on how it may work:

1) You need inventory and you need clients. Chicken and egg problem.
    2) If you have inventory overseas, you'll need to buy it or bring it over on consignment. Cost of freight, import, insurance and bringing it up to local spec / MOT etc. So, you'll need to figure out financing, logistics, maintenance, storage, insurance, security, spares (what happens if the wind shield get smashed during transport..). Only experience will help you mitigate those risks. After ALL of this, you'll then need to compete with the local guys who have done it all hundreds and thousands of times.
    3) Now that you have inventory safe and sound in HK - how do you intend to sell it. If it is exclusive how do you market it, if it is common, how do you sell it and make some money?

Jamie john likes this.

Jamie john
    Quote Originally Posted by shri:
    I am sure the two or three car dealers here on the site will have a good laugh at my attempt to break down the logistics / business part.

But here's my read on how it may work:

1) You need inventory and you need clients. Chicken and egg problem.
    2) If you have inventory overseas, you'll need to buy it or bring it over on consignment. Cost of freight, import, insurance and bringing it up to local spec / MOT etc. So, you'll need to figure out financing, logistics, maintenance, storage, insurance, security, spares (what happens if the wind shield get smashed during transport..). Only experience will help you mitigate those risks. After ALL of this, you'll then need to compete with the local guys who have done it all hundreds and thousands of times.
    3) Now that you have inventory safe and sound in HK - how do you intend to sell it. If it is exclusive how do you market it, if it is common, how do you sell it and make some money?
    I appreciate your honest answer and thx alot for the edvices , the reason why i didnt put information about my self because i dont like to let ppl know me ,i have my family and my friends and since i came here ,every one know that i have money they will try hard to be my friend and when i act like i have nothing no one cares ,hongkong friendship or even relationship is build up on money ,as the locals says" NO MONEY NO TALK " i bear that in mind but i believe there is good friends every were and the right time to meet them will come later but most part is family first so thats why i keep my self away of internet and media ,im sure no one want to be in apple daily stories list .
    What i do ? Im a business men ,since i was 16 i took my desision to be the boss of my self so i spend years practice and devlope my knowledge and skills in the hot points to have sharp accurate aiming .
    SHRI i put time to write u back thx for ur efforts to help ,i already have 2 companies 1 in france and one here in hk and i plan to do more thats why i ask about defferent careers.
    shri likes this.