Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By Nep
  • 1 Post By MandM!

Hiring

Closed Thread

Hiring

I will be looking for an additional person in sales/marketing.

Do you think an add in JobsDB is enough or are there other places that are recommended?

Where can I get a good idea about how high the salary should be?

Anyone got any experience? I would pay for drinks over a good talk about this topic ;-)

How senior is the hire? I've had it easier to advertise on LinkedIn if you're looking for someone with specific skills / languages and 5+ years experience.

JobsDB gets you volumes ... people just hit the apply button on every damn ad. But then if you're looking for a Jr position, this is where you want to be.

You can always try jobs.geoexpat.com - 1/10th the cost and you often get interesting expat applicants. Not much from locals - but it is picking up as we see more jobs being added (chicken and egg .. what came first, the job post or the applicant).

Junior position but an interesting job. Looking for someone who is street smart and can think for him or herself.
    Cantonese is a must though. I will still put it on Geoexpat too of course. Any idea about salary?
    Would it make sense to outsource the search?

imparanoic likes this.

What industry? Salary can be very industry specific. Are there sales targets, how much? Tell us more... Who are they selling to.

I would be careful before setting up a tick the box hiring method. You want someone who is educated and gets along well with you. People can learn. Last thing you want is someone shy to talk to you and they leave 6 months in for 2k more salary. This would be typical for a local hire.

Jobsdb gets a lot of CVs. It's a lot of work to filter.

Recruiters, you might need to use a couple and fees are about 20-25% of first year base wages.

Last time I worked with a recruiter, 1-2 years of experience in sales and a self starter, salaries were about 25k per month base.

Nep likes this.