Like Tree3Likes

Uber Hong Kong - Shutting Down Taxi and Van Services

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Uber Hong Kong - Shutting Down Taxi and Van Services

End of the road: Uber to halt taxi and van services in Hong Kong | South China Morning Post

They are really pushing the ride-sharing in Manila. It's really irritating. I hope they don't do the same there; Uber is my go-to app for rides these days and I have no intention of sharing !

Uber Taxi - Taxi drivers using Uber
    Uber Van - Van drivers (delivery services) using Uber

They use "ride sharing" as a term to avoid legal and licensing issues. "The guy was just driving to your destination and you're sharing a ride with him". I don't think they'd dare push Korean style taxi sharing services here.

MandM! and Titus like this.

https://geoexpat.com/forum/newpostinthread?t=340160

Just uber Van and uber taxi.

Not correct the main Uber activities are continuing.

The headline is outrageously misleading but I clicked it anyway

TheBrit likes this.

Oh I see. the stuff they are pushing in manila really is ride sharing - they call it Uber Pool. Its hard to extract yourself from it as that's the default on the app and you have to keep clicking "back" to eventually make it go away and choose "my own car"

Quote Originally Posted by HK_Katherine:
    Oh I see. the stuff they are pushing in manila really is ride sharing - they call it Uber Pool. Its hard to extract yourself from it as that's the default on the app and you have to keep clicking "back" to eventually make it go away and choose "my own car"
    Really? I saw a very simple switch on Android - share / don't share. And I took share a few times in Manila, and had to share only once, with a relatively pleasant looking Filippina . The quoted price was noticeably lower even when not sharing. Win-win I say

Quote Originally Posted by HK_Katherine:
    Yeah, Uber pool is a bit different.

Wait till they start Uber Eats in a Pool. Family style feast in a shared car ride with strangers.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast