Like Tree4Likes

Accounting Software

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

I note that this is a very old thread. MassiveTests: I'm in a similar situation. I've just set up a HK subsidiary of my small UK business. I have a similar question about accounting software and was wondering if you found a solution. I have been using Sage 50 Instant accounts in the UK, which was perfect for my needs. There is a similar Sage product that is suitable for Hong Kong but I suspect that the two packages will not run on a single PC.

I had a look at Sage 50/Peachtree. The software feels like something from before 2000. Lots of things can't do or work well. Example, you generate Excel table - but only if MS Excel is installed. OO or LibreOffice users, sorry, never heard of it.

There is no support - unless you pay - a lot!

Would love to hear if there are any user friendly alternatives.

The right accounting software depends on the size and complexity of your business. The most popular SME software would be Quickbooks Online and Xero but Zoho Books is also pretty neat. I would choose a cloud based system that allows users to access it where ever they are. Security is tight and most allow you to integrate other software applications (HR, Inventory etc). A lot of auditors (the more modern thinking firms) in HK will audit your accounts directly in your accounting software now - no need to provide hard copy documents, as long as they are scanned in your software.