circuit city disconnected

Closed Thread

circuit city disconnected

I addition to losses it seems a large part of their downfall was credit issues, with vendors like HP, Sony and ythe rest apparently refusing to provide more credit.

Who are the local companies affected by this? I can only think of Li and Fung and perhaps VTECH who might be affected. Anyone else?

Last edited by KnowItAll; 11-11-2008 at 07:31 AM.

I can't comment on that, but all I know is that in the 4 years we lived in the States and every time I went to that store (we had 2 closeby living in the 3rd largest city) it was always deserted while Best Buy would be busy and sometimes even chaotic.

DHL has cut 9500 jobs indicating that ecommerce sales and other shipments will be down over xmas holidays.

And AIG has got a few billion more toi fund its partues for its IFAs....

MT3 yeah they have been weak and the credit tightening is just a nail in the coffin.

DHL HK will be making an announcement on Nov 17th, seems there may be job losses here as well.

Air shipments are down 20-30% and shippers are not expecting a last minute rush of orders being sent out to the US / Europe, as the case has been during a normal xmas season.