Like Tree9Likes

Can you suggest me a reliable, honest & cheap CPA for taxation? HK does not welcome to foreigners..

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Can you suggest me a reliable, honest & cheap CPA for taxation? HK does not welcome to foreigners..

Hello all,

Incorporated my 100% online business in HK 18 months ago and now I got first Profits Tax Return letter from IRD. It's time to pay taxes!

My business is a very small online business and the biggest reason I choose HK to incorporate was it's offshore tax claim advantage. 100% of the income of the company is from non-HK residents and non-HK companies.

My annual turnover is less than 120000HKD, whenever I try to contact a CPA firm they ask like 20000HKD for whole process including accounting auditing filling profit tax return etc. That's 1/6 of my annual turnover and I don't believe the price they offer is a realistic one. I'm a foreigner and they know I'm a new company so more cut they can get from me is better for them. If I also can't claim that offshore claim to be honest I see no reason to sustain this company because such costs are pretty high.

Really looking for a cheap and honest CPA who can offer me realistic prices and I can work on a long term basis as well.

HK does not welcome to foreigners..

HK welcomes MONEY$$$$$$ lol
    shri likes this.

You want someone to handle your business and you're not here.

Come here, and likely you can find someone to do it for 2-5k.

Negotiate -- I've learned that there are people who will pay more or pay less, up to you who you work with. Expecting everyone is at the same wages and price is insanity.

Try KTC Prima, they should be able to do it for 6-8k HKD. This is assuming your books are in order and you can present them with a P&L and Balance sheet. If you need them to do the book keeping also then it will be much more expensive.

You wont find it any cheaper than this as the audit is compulsory.

KTC Prima CPA Limited

chuckster007 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by rolovan:

My business is a very small online business and the biggest reason I choose HK to incorporate was it's offshore tax claim advantage. 100% of the income of the company is from non-HK residents and non-HK companies.
    So you produce nothing for our economy, employ none of our people and you balk at having to pay to have your books audited (at least that will put some money into HK). Shop around for auditing services, they run the whole gamut of prices in HK, or maybe just close your business and go elsewhere. Mind you there's a cost to that too.

It doesn't sound like you did your homework when you set up here.

Hi,

I'm paying about $2000/month for book keeping and I paid $7000 for my accountant to audit and file the taxes for me. If you are not doing your own book keeping then 20k sounds about right? I am not local but I don't think my accountant is charging me the "foreigners rate". I would pass on my contact except she doesn't speak English well for me to communicate with her. I am also looking for another accountant as replacement.

Let me know if you have any luck.

Quote Originally Posted by thisislondon:
    Hi,

I'm paying about $2000/month for book keeping and I paid $7000 for my accountant to audit and file the taxes for me. If you are not doing your own book keeping then 20k sounds about right? I am not local but I don't think my accountant is charging me the "foreigners rate". I would pass on my contact except she doesn't speak English well for me to communicate with her. I am also looking for another accountant as replacement.

Let me know if you have any luck.
    THat's pretty much the same as we pay for the same services.

No need to pay anyone for bookkeeping, you can do that yourself. All you actually need to pay for (legally) is the audit. Which MUST be done. Having done the audit, filing the taxes is piss easy - sign up for etax so you can do everything yourself online.

How much does a CPA earn in a month?

A CPA can earn up to HK$50K per month and it is not easy to get certified for CPA in Hong Kong.

Besides, the standard of living is pretty high in Hong Kong. HK$20K is not a big sum if you want everything to be done by the CPA.

If you want to do accounting on your own, you can try Quickbooks Online.

https://quickbooks.intuit.com/hk/oa/...mall-business/

shri likes this.

OP ask the CPA if they will calculate the fee based on the number of transactions. Some will do that for start-ups as they don't have many transactions at first.

Quote Originally Posted by rolovan:
    Hello all,

Incorporated my 100% online business in HK 18 months ago and now I got first Profits Tax Return letter from IRD. It's time to pay taxes!

My annual turnover is less than 120000HKD, whenever I try to contact a CPA firm they ask like 20000HKD for whole process including accounting auditing filling profit tax return etc. That's 1/6 of my annual turnover and I don't believe the price they offer is a realistic one. I'm a foreigner and they know I'm a new company so more cut they can get from me is better for them. If I also can't claim that offshore claim to be honest I see no reason to sustain this company because such costs are pretty high.

Really looking for a cheap and honest CPA who can offer me realistic prices and I can work on a long term basis as well.
    sent you PM

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast