Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4
Like Tree14Likes

Significant Controllers Register and Designated Representative?

Quote Originally Posted by Memorandum
    Yes, no kidding. They want 30.000 HKD...

I have attached a screenshot:
    What HK_Katherine said. Get someone who isn't trying to rip you off.

1-I did this stuff some time ago so now I don't recall all the details, however I remember having clearly seen somewhere a clause that prevented going the DIY route, since at some point there was some mandatory involvement of the company secretary.
    Ours is a DIY, much like traineeinvestor. Just did the annual paperwork with the CS last week and there was a line in some document in the annual filing where it was mentioned that the SCR was kept at some address, with is neither the registered or the branch address.

Other than that no CS / Auditor involvement. No additional fees since its part of the annual filing

Would have been nicer if I could have given them a google drive address, but they're not equipped for that.
    Have a GeoExpat related problem - please create a support ticket.

You should have your company secretary to handle it as CR can go to your Registered office to random check if you have the SCR ready. and normally Designated Representative would be your company secretary as they need a TCSP license. Remeber this, SCR is truly important, failure to comply with SCR Obligations is a criminal offence, with both the company and every responsible person of the company potentially liable for a fine of HK$25,000 and possible additional daily fines of HK$700

@Alex Lo - Our CS (and they handle small to multi billion dollar companies) has said its ok for us to the the SCR location to be at home. They had no problems at all with us not wanting to pay them to keep a piece of paper in their files.

If the Companies Registry has been told that the location is at place XXX and they go to YYY to look for the SCR, the officers should be declared morons and be fired.

Have a GeoExpat related problem - please create a support ticket.

and therefore everything boils down to the company secretary asking money for it or not... Shri, which company is your secretary from? I am looking for a way to drop the bloodsuckers I'm currently with..

Can anyone share a resolutions appointing a designated representative.

Quote Originally Posted by rani
    Can anyone share a resolutions appointing a designated representative.
    IT WAS/IS HEREBY RESOLVED To appoint XXXXXX as the designated representative of the Company?

If you have one director it will be written resolutions (IS), if you have more than one you can prepare it as minutes of the meeting (WAS)
    rani and traineeinvestor like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Trebor
    IT WAS/IS HEREBY RESOLVED To appoint XXXXXX as the designated representative of the Company?

If you have one director it will be written resolutions (IS), if you have more than one you can prepare it as minutes of the meeting (WAS)
    That's what we've submitted. Hope it gets approved.

many years back we proposed that HKG adopt the California Fictitious Names Index and it gained some traction with Legco members
    Scroll forward to the current system whose aims are supposedly to prevent money laundering through shelf companies
    I paid my accountants HKD 2.5k to do all the necessary which seemed reasonable
    DIY registrations are where the police would look first

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4