Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By BrandaEverts

Selling Online - Hong Kong only

Closed Thread

Selling Online - Hong Kong only

hi all,
    I'm wanting to sell some items (clothing, shoes, etc) via various channels -

- social platforms: Facebook, Pinterest, shopify (if I can)
    - markets, fairs, events, peoples homes etc (like Tupperware parties

Do I need to setup a business/registration if this is considered a part time/passion project?
    can I set up PayDollar, PayPal and credit payments?

much appreciated for any advice, guidance etc.

Thank you

If you are selling an item directly and making money from it, then yes you do need a business registration. (Although i know some people who do it as a side business and do not have it).

However, i am not sure if you have a stall at a market or selling from people's homes as that may depend on the organiser and whether you are affiliated with a particular company already.

I know many online shops/suppliers run a business without a license, they do it as their second job, just like renting out your room on Airbnb, most people don't register at the authority. However, I don't recommend to do the same cause' following the law will guarantee you a more sustainable future. You should sign up for a Paypal account to receive money online. Most of the e-commerce websites have Paypal gateway for customers to check out their shopping basket (except Amazon as far as I've known). I think you should check out some popular sites such as Amazon, eBay or Shopify to see their policy before setting up your shop. See the full list here: https://www.1and1.co.uk/digitalguide...u-should-know/

Stripe is a lot better than Paypal when it comes to good integration and also commissions / payments / backend.

Question Hong Kong online apps for shopping.

Hi, may I know if there is any online apps or web where I can sell packet food in Hong Kong?

if you want to sell small quantities, (to see if this works) try to use Carousel app or sell it in Facebook Marketplace.
    usually, it goes pretty fast.

Bran

Ahsan Herbs likes this.

Hong kong also have carousell apps is it?