Agency recommendations when incorporating in HK

Closed Thread

Agency recommendations when incorporating in HK

Hey guys!
    Just wanted to get your opinions and experiences on which agency is the best when it comes to incorporating a start-up in HK. There's alot to choose from... Obviously, value for money is an important consideration for me, but I also want to make sure that the agency can help smooth out my bank account opening process.

Thanks all!

We used A-swiss and they helped with the bank account ( a few years back now). But they use HSBC and if I had to do it again, I would NOT use HSBC for business banking. It's not hard to incorporate yourself and save money. And with some of the smaller banks you should not have too much problem getting a bank account either (unless you are US citizen, in which case you are screwed wherever you try).

Thanks Katherine!! I'm contemplating using an agency to incorporate only because I don't know that many people that are HK locals who can be the company secretary, as well as have a local HK address.

By some of the smaller banks, which ones were you thinking of?

I used Nanyang Comm Bank, a branch of Bank of China. Useful for very numerous JetBank ATM machines. But after 5 years of reasonable service they slipped up badly and cost me HK$15000 by not informing me of imminent Govt foreclosure of my account, and resulting confiscation of all my money by the govt. The bank had been notified but did not tell me.
    But, all banks may work the same...unconcerned about you.

Quote Originally Posted by jobin:
    I used Nanyang Comm Bank, a branch of Bank of China. Useful for very numerous JetBank ATM machines. But after 5 years of reasonable service they slipped up badly and cost me HK$15000 by not informing me of imminent Govt foreclosure of my account, and resulting confiscation of all my money by the govt. The bank had been notified but did not tell me.
    But, all banks may work the same...unconcerned about you.
    ON what grounds did the Government close your account and take your money? That seems bizarre. They do it in Australia if you have not made any transactions for a few years ... but they do give the money back if you ask!

Yeah its very unusual they would take your money. It may still be sitting in a unclaimed monies fund somewhere, you can ask them and find out.