Like Tree28Likes

Starting an international school in Hong Kong

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Starting an international school in Hong Kong

I am investigating the prospects of starting an international school in HK. Any suggestions, helpful tips would be appreciated.

Do your research.. a LOT of research.

I personally think the market for expats seems be saturated with a number of new schools opening up over the last year. The market for mainland / local targeted schools (high end franchises like Harrow) seems to be doing well and may perhaps have some room for new schools.

We're also in a late cycle in the economy here and a fair bit of doom / gloom on the horizon.

merchantms and mdh2014 like this.

Quote Originally Posted by mdh2014:
    Any suggestions, helpful tips would be appreciated.
    Don't expect forum users to take you seriously and waste their time replying when you make a 2 sentence post totally devoid of details on a complicated subject with a huge number of differentiating factors.
    shri, hullexile, jgl and 9 others like this.

Didn't someone recently post on here asking about opening a university in Hong Kong? Education is a billion dollar industry, so it makes sense to get in on the action. However, I doubt anyone with the experience and skills necessary to make it work would seek advice on this website.

merchantms and juanalias like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Kowloon Goon:
    Didn't someone recently post on here asking about opening a university in Hong Kong? Education is a billion dollar industry, so it makes sense to get in on the action. However, I doubt anyone with the experience and skills necessary to make it work would seek advice on this website.
    After seeing people asking for legal advice here, I've seen it all...

more details

I'm sorry my post wasn't quite specific enough. I was just looking for any general direction kind of comments. The "expat schools not needed" was helpful. I'm looking to start an english school for locals/mainland children. Things I'm looking for input on:

1) location ideas
    2) renting or buying facility
    3) anybody with experience in starting a school in HK?

Thank you.

So, not a school but a tutorial center? Huge difference in terms of being a licensed international school v/s being a language center.

Quote Originally Posted by kimwy66:
    Don't expect forum users to take you seriously and waste their time replying when you make a 2 sentence post totally devoid of details on a complicated subject with a huge number of differentiating factors.
    definitely don't want to waste your time. As you notice, that was my first post every. Thanks for your patience.

there was a user here @carang who used to run a tutorial center.

Quote Originally Posted by shri:
    So, not a school but a tutorial center? Huge difference in terms of being a licensed international school v/s being a language center.
    It would be more than a language center. It would be a school but in English.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast