Like Tree10Likes

Food business

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Food business

Hey Guys

I have been struggling with my job search due the language requirements and I have finally come up with an idea of starting a new business. I have an idea of starting a South Indian food delivery.

I wanted to check if its possible and legal to do only take away and deliveries by partnering with the delivery apps without having a proper dine in restaurant??

Regards
    Hasini.

Cooked food license.

hasini likes this.

Ahh okay . I’ll try to do some reasssrch on that .

shri, hasini, mikebravo and 1 others like this.

We have a couple of places in Wong Chuk Hang on the south side, which are setup as "food factories" - you can order from there using the Plum and other delivery apps.

hasini likes this.

There’s also an Indian food delivery that will take orders via a private whatsapp group. I believe their commissary kitchen is somewhere on the west side of island and they’ll deliver as far as causeway bay. I’ve ordered a few times through my Indian coworkers and the food is quite delicious and fairly priced.

chuckster007 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by hasini:
    Hey Guys

I have been struggling with my job search due the language requirements and I have finally come up with an idea of starting a new business. I have an idea of starting a South Indian food delivery.
    1. Are you actually in HK and trying to start a business because you couldnt find a job??
    2. Or are you trying to find a job so you can move to HK and because you couldnt find one so thinking of opening a business??

Quote Originally Posted by tf19:
    There’s also an Indian food delivery that will take orders via a private whatsapp group. I believe their commissary kitchen is somewhere on the west side of island and they’ll deliver as far as causeway bay. I’ve ordered a few times through my Indian coworkers and the food is quite delicious and fairly priced.
    do they have FEHD license......

Quote Originally Posted by JAherbert:
    do they have FEHD license......
    You already know the answer to that LOL Cooking and selling foods made in their own homes.

I once tried Indian food delivered to our office in Kowloon Bay from some unknown source that my ex colleague found, food was good though. Food came from Laguna City in Lam Tin (lots of Indians living there).
    shri and Fiona in HKG like this.

I am in HK , trying to find a job. I am been rejected because of the Cantonese, Chinese, mandarin language requirement. I do have 3 years of work experience (Worked in India).

I was thinking about the food business as my last option if I do not manage to get a job in the next 2 months.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast