Like Tree12Likes

Fraud Payments / Checks Bouncing

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

It was right under $50, at $49875.
    Put it through small claims. Costs you very little.

Quote Originally Posted by MandM!:
    I'll go collect that for a 50% commission
    Expats need to support expats. How about 30%?
    MandM! likes this.

I would ask the guy to use bank transfer or payme. If he's genuine he would pay. If not well hope it isn't a large amount.
    Unfortunately, next to impossible for corporate accounts to get payments in advance.

In a few cases for exceptional quantities, we request a official P.O. and sometimes a deposit.

Cost of doing business in this town.
    MandM! likes this.

Sorry, I wasn't completely clear on the bounced checks. All the bounced cheques weren't due to lack of funds, it was stopped by the issuer.

I told the guy to transfer money. He created a fake bank transfer screen shot and told me it would arrive in my account in two days, but it never did. I even told him I reported this to the police and showed him the report ID, but he never budged. It's been over a month, zero dollars received except for the first payment.

Quote Originally Posted by hellojello:
    Expats need to support expats. How about 30%?
    Gave me an idea.

If you really want to fuck with your client. Tell them you're handing the debt to a "chinese collection agency" and giving them his/her phone number and address.
    MandM! likes this.

Sorry, I wasn't completely clear on the bounced checks. All the bounced cheques weren't due to lack of funds, it was stopped by the issuer.

I told the guy to transfer money. He created a fake bank transfer screen shot and told me it would arrive in my account in two days, but it never did. I even told him I reported this to the police and showed him the report ID, but he never budged. It's been over a month, zero dollars received except for the first payment.
    Wait, did you tell the cops about the fake screenshots? THAT, is intent to commit fraud.

Throw some shit around like "using computer with dishonest intent" and all that crap.

Use www directory.gov.hk to find which cell took your report and escalate things.
    traineeinvestor and MandM! like this.

Quote Originally Posted by shri:
    Gave me an idea.

If you really want to fuck with your client. Tell them you're handing the debt to a "chinese collection agency" and giving them his/her phone number and address.
    I was thinking of getting a collection agency too, but don't know if I need to go through small claims first etc and then once he refuses to pay, I have a green light to find collection agency.

Wait, did you tell the cops about the fake screenshots? THAT, is intent to commit fraud.

Throw some shit around like "using computer with dishonest intent" and all that crap.

Use www directory.gov.hk to find which cell took your report and escalate things.
    Thanks mate

I agree with this - it's fraud and you should file a complaint with the police + file claim for judgement debt with the courts + unleash a debt collector on his/her arse.

I was thinking of getting a collection agency too, but don't know if I need to go through small claims first etc and then once he refuses to pay, I have a green light to find collection agency.
    If a check has been issued to you, you have some additional rights. A little bit of research on laws regarding checks and dishonored checks might help you.