Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By lovehunter
  • 1 Post By orel100x

Hiring Full Time App Developers

Closed Thread

Hiring Full Time App Developers

I am sick of hiring App Developers in India & Pakistan. No sense of responsibility, delays, and excuses. (I am now immune to their excuses, they get so creative)

These days, while working, I have seen a lot of Mainlanders (from Shenzhen) coming to Science Park every day to work as IT or Developers or Engineers.

Where can I find App developers in Shenzhen who can work from Shenzhen (co-working space that I have) throughout the week? I know one way is to talk with those people and see if they can get me a referral.

I have posted online to hire someone in Hong Kong - with a decent salary and benefits - not much of luck!

How do you manage your app/web development needs if any?

MandM! likes this.

Meetup.com has groups where app developers meet both in HK and SZ

When it comes to IT, everyone claims to be a developer. Without having a basic knowledge yourself, you can't see what's true or not. Be more strict with those you work with and don't accept excuses. I would say there is a high turnover here to be successful unless you have magic HR skills.

I don't think hiring one person that you see going to Science Park is going to help. Developers who have skills typically can master only one task too.

I used freelancer.com to find developers. I also wanted Chinese developers, and they're easy to find there. You can discuss with them continued employment, a lot seem very open to stable work and income. Keep in mind some appear to be an individual but are really a small agency of developers, which may or may not be good for you. Mind you, this is if you want an informal structure, i.e. no contract, salary, MPF, etc. Freelancer is just a good medium to engage, discuss, pay and keep track of milestones (withholding payments if necessary).

Perhaps worth a look if traditional candidate hunting techniques (LinkedIn, local job services) aren't working for you.

Quote Originally Posted by lovehunter:
    I am sick of hiring App Developers in India & Pakistan. No sense of responsibility, delays, and excuses. (I am now immune to their excuses, they get so creative)

These days, while working, I have seen a lot of Mainlanders (from Shenzhen) coming to Science Park every day to work as IT or Developers or Engineers.

Where can I find App developers in Shenzhen who can work from Shenzhen (co-working space that I have) throughout the week? I know one way is to talk with those people and see if they can get me a referral.

I have posted online to hire someone in Hong Kong - with a decent salary and benefits - not much of luck!

How do you manage your app/web development needs if any?
    What is your definition of decent salary and benefits?
    snjt likes this.