Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By shri

Starting an AI consultancy, biggest industries in Hong Kong seeking automation?

Closed Thread

Red face Starting an AI consultancy, biggest industries in Hong Kong seeking automation?

Hi all,

I'm moving back to Hong Kong from California, and am thinking about starting an artificial intelligence / business automation consultancy business when I get back. I've done this kind of work for startups, midsize companies, and 2 of the big investment banks as an inhouse engineer, but would now prefer working as a consultant.

Though, it's been a while since I've been back in Hong Kong -- does anyone have any idea what types of businesses would make for good clients locally? I figure logistics and retail are good targets, finance too of course, but I figure it may be harder to break-in as an outside firm.

Thank you for the advice!

Best,
    unicornication

IBM and a couple of other players have some good solid vertical practices in those areas as you will be aware. They have a strong hold on the verticals you mentioned.

Do you have an edge over their technology? Do you have a product or will you offer consultancy services based around a vertical or niche?

Have not been in corporate IT sales in well over a decade. Used to be a transparent market.. No too sure right now. When I was in the corporate world, the biggest it spender was the Jockey club, followed by the Govt.

Most MNCs will follow corporate standards.

Local and regional players will be open, but slow to adopt. Some of them are in house and very protective of internal teams. But there are a few open minded companies regionally. Networking and partnerships with their existing vendors will be key.

Last edited by shri; 31-12-2019 at 02:14 PM.
    tf19 likes this.