Like Tree2Likes

Easiest form of business in HK to work remotely?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Easiest form of business in HK to work remotely?

Hi there,
    May I ask you for your help please? What is the easiest way to open a simple company in HK, but still getting paid by an German company?
    What is the best form of business, when <50% of the work is local research, the other half is working remotely for the HQ in Germany? Probably a representation office would be enough?
    Do you know good consultants to help, or is it possible to open it by ourselves?

Thank you!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Brazzo
    Hi there,
    May I ask you for your help please? What is the easiest way to open a simple company in HK, but still getting paid by an German company?
    What is the best form of business, when <50% of the work is local research, the other half is working remotely for the HQ in Germany? Probably a representation office would be enough?
    Do you know good consultants to help, or is it possible to open it by ourselves?

Thank you!!!
    How big is the company in Germany and what is the purpose of the proposed company in Hong Kong?

About 35 people, 10mio € turnover. Sourcing for digital displays and textile stuff are the biggest things to do for the moment

成立公司$2980全包|註冊公司|只需1 |銀行開戶轉介|公司易 easyCorp I went to these guys and I was able to get my LLC setup in a week for about HKD$5800.

You can also put them down as your company secretary and use their address as the registered business address. Just a heads up though, if you don't live in Hong Kong it will be difficult to open a bank account but there are some fintech banks like Neat out there.
    Brazzo likes this.

Can one incorporate a company in Hong Kong without going through these agencies? How about a sole prop?

Quote Originally Posted by rkenia852
    Can one incorporate a company in Hong Kong without going through these agencies?
    Yes.

Here it is application form

https://www.ird.gov.hk/eng/tax/bre_abrin.htm

Good luck with your business venture

If you just want to get paid by the German company as a contractor or employee, no need to set up a company just for that reason. Just get the money transferred to a personal bank account, there's not even any local tax payable - I did this for several years.

Thank you all for your posts!

Quote Originally Posted by monomono
    If you just want to get paid by the German company as a contractor or employee, no need to set up a company just for that reason. Just get the money transferred to a personal bank account, there's not even any local tax payable - I did this for several years.
    Okay, but what about visa for employee + dependants?
    I would stay as an employee (or contractor, depending on what´s better for both sides), but will carry wifey + kid..

Ah yes, you would need a work permit. Perhaps there are alternatives others can suggest.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast