Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By mrgoodkat

Importing License and Company registration

  1. #1

    Join Date
    Apr 2019

    Importing License and Company registration

    Dear members,

    I have always wanted to import some quality products in Hong kong. Situation is, I am not just importing for self consumption but to sell to targeted audience. Question is, do I just need importing license and product specification form or I need to register a trading company first.

    -- i have some knowledge on company registration but importing is new to me.

    any help will be appreciated. I hope someone will help me step by step..

  2. #2

    Join Date
    Jan 2010

    You only need a license for food products or dutiable products like tobacco and alcohol. For almost everything else you only need to fill in a declaration form and pay the charges (a few cents for the first $46,000). You can go to a Tradelink service center and ask them for details. They can also help you with the declaration form for a fee. They are not a government organisation, but the government is their largest shareholder.

    mokhi6 and shri like this.

  3. #3

    Join Date
    Apr 2019

    thank you @mrgoodkat
    actually i might have some food products as well, i'll contact tradelink first.

  4. #4

    Join Date
    Jul 2019
    Kwai Chung
    Hi mokhi6,

    For goods that need a license for imports, you may take a look with below link, it contains further links to where you can apply for a specific licence for that specific goods :

    For Tradelink, we recently helped our customers for the application work, below with the contact information for your easy reference. One thing to remind with, if you don't want to pick up the "Personal Digital Certificate" in person, you will need to emphases that you want to apply for the "Electronic" version.

    Yan Yip
    Tradelink Electronic Commerce Limited
    Direct Line: (852) 2161 4308 Fax : (852) 2199 5588
    Sales Hotline : (852) 2599 1700
    Customer Service Hotline : (852) 2917 8888
    Email: [email protected]

    After the company being incorporated with a corporate bank account, then you can already proceed for business until you close a deal. Then, make use of the time interval for delivery to get the Tradelink (around 2 weeks to complete). In general, unless your goods require a licence, you can complete the customer declaration "after" such import/export activity, below with the extract from customs declarations guide:

    "Under the Import and Export (Registration) Regulations, every person who imports or exports/re-exports any article other than an exempted article is required to lodge with the Commissioner of Customs and Excise (the Commissioner) an accurate and complete import/export declaration within 14 days after the importation or exportation of the article."

    Any other thing you want more detail, feel free to let me know, cheers.