Like Tree20Likes

HP - the worst printers known to man

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

HP - the worst printers known to man

About 6 weeks ago I purchased a HP laserjet printer/scan/copy machine. It looked nice and small to sit on the desk, and came with some free supermarket vouchers, which when netted off the price made it the cheapest small multi-function device I could find in the Wan Chai computer centre. They even delivered it.

However, it is, by far, the WORST piece of equipment I have ever had the misfortune to purchase. The f'ing thing just does not work. Prints intermittently. Scans intermittently. So far it's copied ok.

It's driving me up the wall.

Has anyone got any advice? I looked generally online and just found pages and pages and pages of people ranting much like I am. Is it just a hoax? Does HP really make pieces of useless equipment? I thought they were a trusted brand!

I assume because this is Hong Kong I have no recourse, does anyone have any other ideas?

Next time get a "brothers" printer. Much better.

Yes my previous one was Brothers. Worked perfectly - still is actually thankfully. It's just not colour and not a the other functions, which I needed for the new business.
    If nothing else, I wanted to warn anyone else. I had no idea HP were so bad.

imparanoic likes this.

Get a cheap BW laser printer. Last a life time. My mom is still using my laser printer from 2004. Also if you run a home office laser is the way to go.

Mrs. Jones, Skyhook and ArrynField like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Miaofromcali:
    Get a cheap BW laser printer. Last a life time. My mom is still using my laser printer from 2004. Also if you run a home office laser is the way to go.
    Yes, as I said above, my old laserprinter is great. but it's black and white only and does not scan or copy . Any since this HP one is only 6 weeks old, SURELY there is some way to either get it working or do something? So far I am on the whatsapp with their support - so far it's been more than 30 mins and all they have done is ask for my details (name, serial number etc). We have not even got to the problem yet.

We have a second hand Ricoh BW laser printer at home. It scans and copies and it is great! Reliable, easy to use little machine. My office had HPs and I hated them. I would put my faith in Japanese brands over American.

Original Post Deleted
    Yes, I think this is part of the issue. I gave up trying to find it on the network and plugged in a USB cable. Which didn't help at all. Still intermittent. So I reset the Mac printing system - and now cannot add it again (it cannot find a driver), so I'm stuffed. Resetting the printing system was what HP "virtual assissant" recommended. Sigh.

I honestly had not thought about the fact that HP is american. I guess I just assumed everything was made in China anyway. But yes. this makes sense. wish I'd realised.

Elegiaque likes this.

Still on the whatsapp. Still no useful output. He keeps asking questions. I asked for a mac driver so I can just set it up normally like any other printer.... and he said HP does NOT MAKE any drivers for mac and that I have to ask Apple. WTF?

imparanoic likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by HK_Katherine:
    Still on the whatsapp. Still no useful output. He keeps asking questions. I asked for a mac driver so I can just set it up normally like any other printer.... and he said HP does NOT MAKE any drivers for mac and that I have to ask Apple. WTF?
    Just ditch the HP software.

Use the System Preferences panel to add and control the printer and scanner, which Is exactly what I do for my HP and Canon printers on my Mac.

Name:  zPrinter.jpeg
Views: 811
Size:  15.5 KB
    imparanoic likes this.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast