Like Tree3Likes

Clothing B2C - Warehouses and Wholesalers?

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Question Clothing B2C - Warehouses and Wholesalers?

Hi Guys!

When looking for market penetration in Hong Kong, I am planning on reaching out to different Wholesalers and Warehouse owners to figure out if the HK market is suited for my product, and a possibility to sell at their stores (my product is clothing).

Question to you guys would be if this is the way to go, if you have any tips and especially what the names of the big retailers/wholesalers in HK are.

Would really appreciate anyone's input.

What type of product is it?

Quote Originally Posted by Christian123:
    big retailers/wholesalers in HK are.
    Guessing you have not been to Hong Kong before?

That was the old business model.. with the current online trend do you actually need the wholesalers ?!

It is a luxurious brand (and of high quality) and organically produced boxer shorts/socks/djellaba (Moroccan dress), produced by a company based in Holland

Thank you for your reply. No I haven't been anywhere near Hong Kong, and due to the current pandemic this will take a while before it is possible for me to go there. Trying to get a grip on the market demands and best way to go about the product implementation over there.

It is a luxurious brand (and of high quality) and organically produced boxer shorts/socks/djellaba (Moroccan dress), produced by a company based in Holland
    It makes more sense to sell this kind of product D2C rather than finding a Hong Kong distributor. As a word of warning, this space is pretty saturated here.

Instagram is incredibly popular in the millennial population and the easiest way to get a new product out there is to put out stories ads to lookalike audiences. Don't bother with influencer marketing unless it's a real big shot because here it's mostly bullshit engagement rings who pump up each others follower count in order to get freebies.
    shri likes this.

True, having products laying in warehouses is a little old fashioned. But due to the enormous distance, implementing a product being sold online (out of the Netherlands) seems far fetched in this phase, therefore looking for the best way to partner up (and foremostly finding the right partner) to look for solutions in the current environment.

True, having products laying in warehouses is a little old fashioned. But due to the enormous distance, implementing a product being sold online (out of the Netherlands) seems far fetched in this phase, therefore looking for the best way to partner up (and foremostly finding the right partner) to look for solutions in the current environment.
    It will be cheaper in the long term to implement a fast shipping method and absorb the cost of shipping (i.e. take a loss initially) until you build up some volume.

Makes little economic sense these days to get into brick and mortar retail in HK by putting stock into wholesalers / distribution, esp if it is a unique product that has no brand recognition.

FYI - there are a fair few logistics providers (including HK Post) who will accept your inventory and provide shipping services for you. Not cheap, but that would be the second best alternative.

On a fast moving consumer product, I think (could be wrong) HKTV Mall might provide some amount of fulfilment service, similar to Amazon FBA.. would have to check with them.

Quote Originally Posted by shri:
    On a fast moving consumer product, I think (could be wrong) HKTV Mall might provide some amount of fulfilment service, similar to Amazon FBA.. would have to check with them.
    Does OP need a distributor or just fulfillment services? How will the be taking orders? Lazada, ETSY etc

https://www.floship.com/services
    https://www.stork-up.com/
    shri likes this.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast