Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By shri
  • 2 Post By ccdanielcc

Food Factory Licensed Shared Kitchen

Food Factory Licensed Shared Kitchen

Hi,

I am thinking about starting a small bakery shop as a side business, what would require to bake my products on a bi-weekly base as I would like to kick off on a bake to order base. It seems to be as good as impossible to obtain a Food factory license on a residential address, as there are many requirements..

Since it's a side business I won't be able to rent a commercial space and obtain a food factory license for this place. Hence, I am wondering if anyone could advice on an affordable shared licensed kitchen? Since I can bring my own equipment, a little kitchen with a sink would basically do the trick..

Thanks!

UK/HKboy and hin23leung like this.

See if you can connect with Lori Granito - search Google and Facebook for her. She used to run a shared kitchen facility / incubator a few years ago. Don't think she is doing it but she might have some pointers for yiy.

Also search for baking mania and drop them a line and see if they have some spare capacity for you to use. Amazing business and good people..

Quite a few home bakers / groups on Facebook and many if not most of them are baking at home and bending the rules a little bit - to sell commercially as a side business. Lots of mums have gotten started and continue to bake from home.

MABinPengChau likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by ccdanielcc:
    Hi,

I am thinking about starting a small bakery shop as a side business, what would require to bake my products on a bi-weekly base as I would like to kick off on a bake to order base. It seems to be as good as impossible to obtain a Food factory license on a residential address, as there are many requirements..

Since it's a side business I won't be able to rent a commercial space and obtain a food factory license for this place. Hence, I am wondering if anyone could advice on an affordable shared licensed kitchen? Since I can bring my own equipment, a little kitchen with a sink would basically do the trick..

Thanks!
    I have some friends with a kitchen that has a Food Factory Licence. You can PM me if you are interested and I can get details if they are interested to rent out.

Thanks both!

I have googled for Lori, but it seems that the mail address on her website is not in use anymore.. However, I found the below organisation, they offer kitchen sharing services for very affordable prices.

https://www.facebook.com/sharingkitchen/

Have you had any luck?
    My wife is looking for exactly the same thing.

Also interested in this if you have any tips

I have a commmercial space to bake, happy to share but no license.

Licensed kitchen hk side for baking

I am looking for licensed kitchen in Hongkong side with hourly package for baking
    if anybody knows anything abt the kitchen pls let me know