Like Tree20Likes

Liability Driven Investments..

Closed Thread
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Old thread but it is the right one to post this drivel under..

https://geoexpat.com/forum/414/threa...ml#post3887007

The BlackRock article posted by shri 3+ mths ago that set off my alarm.. and went on to post that I think UK pension fund abt to implode and barely missed the avalanche this time. I was ok if ppl thot I was a complete crackpot bcos what I was saying then was at odds w what WSJ FT Reuters BBG all the papers, incl BOE and ur PF reg said. So long as it got them a lil concerned enuff to maybe send an email, remind their friends family in UK to think more abt it.

That's why to date I still can't figure out why DeletedUser has a beef to pick at all or where the inexplicable juon is coming from when I actually don't have any. His posts show up to me like any others, my radar isn't scanning him on purpose waiting for a gd chance to get one in and stick it to him so he can look silly. The only time I think abt this is when he brings it up..

The BlackRock article posted by shri 3+ mths ago that set off my alarm.. and went on to post that I think UK pension fund abt to implode and barely missed the avalanche this time. I was ok if ppl thot I was a complete crackpot bcos what I was saying then was at odds w what WSJ FT Reuters BBG all the papers, incl BOE and ur PF reg said. So long as it got them a lil concerned enuff to maybe send an email, remind their friends family in UK to think more abt it.

That's why to date I still can't figure out why DeletedUser has a beef to pick at all or where the inexplicable juon is coming from when I actually don't have any. His posts show up to me like any others, my radar isn't scanning him on purpose waiting for a gd chance to get one in and stick it to him so he can look silly. The only time I think abt this is when he brings it up..

https://geoexpat.com/forum/414/threa...ml#post3887134

Original Post Deleted
    Tribe logic over plain gd ol logic..

I consider this issue settled w Guardian article bcos whatever it says were points I also raised that DeletedUser vehemently disagreed with and insisted I wrong cuz his explanation of what happened (ie the exact opposite of article) was the truth - being the core and backbone of his claims. I said a lot more than what article covered but even if I am wrong abt those, it wouldn't make a diff for DeletedUser. Cuz he wld still be wrong - completely out the game. I should have done this earlier as the perm marker for setting the record straight re state of PF but was willing to let sleeping dogs lie since it was nvr abt me proving I'm right...tho I doubt this will really change anything or stop future attempts to make some ref to this pension scheme and how he wasted hours of his life trying to explain it - classic misinfo tactic and what wumao freq use. Use words to imply a wrong frame. Cuz waste time explaining implies I didn't know and asked him for guidance and he was v willing and kindhearted to oblige but alas, too dumb to understand the truth and right answer.

You facepalmed ByeByeEngland conclusions and said maybe should write into the PF regulator then. Why? You think everyone is actually doing this mostly to talk a gd game and look smart but ultimately of no merit cuz wouldn't dare repeat outside of internet? To be clear, I was begging others to send just one email to any addy so naturally I wld have done the same. I wrote in to Bank of England, HM Treasury and PF. I also sent my analysis to the fund (the one w theviewpt qhank's article) after and told them this info is w ppl who unlike me an indiv have the means to actually build a CDS position.

https://www.theguardian.com/business...-ldi-investing

Quote Originally Posted by sarsi:

https://geoexpat.com/forum/414/threa...ml#post3887134

https://geoexpat.com/forum/414/threa...ml#post3889058

Nobody was arguing with you DeletedUser. You weren't stuck doing anything or wasting hours of your life. You did all that by urself. The rest were either just trying to mull over it out of boredom or intellectual interest or me sounding the doomsday alarm like an idiot.

Tribe logic over plain gd ol logic..

I consider this issue settled w Guardian article bcos whatever it says were points I also raised that DeletedUser vehemently disagreed with and insisted I wrong cuz his explanation of what happened (ie the exact opposite of article) was the truth - being the core and backbone of his claims. I said a lot more than what article covered but even if I am wrong abt those, it wouldn't make a diff for DeletedUser. Cuz he wld still be wrong - completely out the game. I should have done this earlier as the perm marker for setting the record straight re state of PF but was willing to let sleeping dogs lie since it was nvr abt me proving I'm right...tho I doubt this will really change anything or stop future attempts to make some ref to this pension scheme and how he wasted hours of his life trying to explain it - classic misinfo tactic and what wumao freq use. Use words to imply a wrong frame. Cuz waste time explaining implies I didn't know and asked him for guidance and he was v willing and kindhearted to oblige but alas, too dumb to understand the truth and right answer.

You facepalmed ByeByeEngland conclusions and said maybe should write into the PF regulator then. Why? You think everyone is actually doing this mostly to talk a gd game and look smart but ultimately of no merit cuz wouldn't dare repeat outside of internet? To be clear, I was begging others to send just one email to any addy so naturally I wld have done the same. I wrote in to Bank of England, HM Treasury and PF. I also sent my analysis to the fund (the one w theviewpt qhank's article) after and told them this info is w ppl who unlike me an indiv have the means to actually build a CDS position.

https://www.theguardian.com/business...-ldi-investing
    You really need to learn to write more concisely and make your point clear.
    Flapster likes this.

Wip clearly something I would like to get better at but anyone interested to read shouldn't have any problems understanding or asking for clarifications.. for ppl not interested, I don't think better writing helps.

For the TLDR:

Everything DeletedUser said on this topic = wrong

LDI-related hedging cause of the gilts crisis = Yes

Gilts crisis just paper loss = No

UK PF overfunded w surplus = even it was, maybe not anymore if they lost maybe 500bn pounds from that margin call per article

For the TLDR:

Everything DeletedUser said on this topic = wrong

LDI-related hedging cause of the gilts crisis = Yes

Gilts crisis just paper loss = No

UK PF overfunded w surplus = even it was, maybe not anymore if they lost maybe 500bn pounds from that margin call per article
    So that was months ago, what is the position of the pension funds now? Any gone bust or in crisis?

We weren't discussing when it will go bust.

Discussion was abt whether there were actually real losses suffered by PF and if they sold off fund assets to meet margin call. I said yes, DeletedUser said no.

We weren't discussing when it will go bust.

Discussion was abt whether there were actually real losses suffered by PF and if they sold off fund assets to meet margin call. I said yes, DeletedUser said no.
    Having lost £500 billion I would think some would be hurting, despite their massive assets. Is any of this showing up in their figures so far?

I don't know. Fund stats published by the PF were never part of my argument and imo not to be trusted.

I believe the last Oct data link sent by DeletedUser had a disclaimer in their methodology that said stats don't capture changes in leveraged LDI portfolios. So these movements wouldn't show up anyway.

Stop being disingenuous, serious amt and in general. I am setting the record straight today only bcos of DeletedUser refusing to drop this point and being cowardly and passive aggressive abt it. There's no point and honour in asking questions abt this if you're not that concerned abt the thread topic and just want to make me look like I'm the petty one beating the dead horse.

I don't know. Fund stats published by the PF were never part of my argument and imo not to be trusted.

I believe the last Oct data link sent by DeletedUser had a disclaimer in their metholody that said stats don't capture changes in leveraged LDI portfolios. So these movements wouldn't show up anyway.

Stop being disingenuous, serious amt and in general. I am setting the record straight today only bcos of DeletedUser refusing to drop this point and being cowardly and passive aggressive abt it. There's no point and honour in asking questions abt this if you're not that concerned abt the thread topic and just want to make me look like I'm the petty one beating the dead horse.
    No the Brit can be and has been wrong before. He is human. The media at the time was all crisis and the end of the world for pensions. Having lost my pension before naturally I would be interested. However, all went quiet after a few days never to reappear in the news.

Thank you for the effort to improve your posts. At least now I can understand what you are saying.

Closed Thread
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast