Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By muzzdang
  • 1 Post By samtlo

Cheap accountants / auditors for a very small company getting ready for first year of accounting

Cheap accountants / auditors for a very small company getting ready for first year of accounting

Hi there!

I'm in the process of getting ready to "preapre books" for first time for limited company. It is small, less than 30 invoices per year and a revenue of about HKD 25k / month.

Im now looking for CPA or a small accounting firms which can provide "package" for accounting/auditing and potentialy offshore claim. Ideally is budget friendly. :-)

I have spoken with some of larger names and been quoted 25-35k, which is a bit rich in my humble opinion.

Can any forum members recomend any good companies who can take care of this? A one-stop-shop who will do it all for a reasonable price?

Thanks in advance!

My wife uses Mayson Management Limited to prepare her sole proprietorship accounts and tax, reasonable fees.

Give Frankie a call / Whatsapp at 9268 1829 to get an estimate, say Johnson referred you.

shri likes this.

I have no personal experience with this, but my impression is that applying for an offshore tax exemption involves quite a bit of work. This might be why your quotes are so expensive.

Constantin

You can try this firm based in Wan Chai - Constantin, quite reasonable and is a one-stop shop.

muzzdang likes this.

Actually I have not received a quote for offshore claim. All the quotes which I considered high were for "standard" service...

The offshore claim may not be worth the pain you have to deal with the IRD. With proper planning, 8.25% on the first HKD2 million (16.5% thereafter), your actual tax bill would actually be very low. Why not pay the taxes and have a good nights sleep

Quote Originally Posted by muzzdang:
    The offshore claim may not be worth the pain you have to deal with the IRD. With proper planning, 8.25% on the first HKD2 million (16.5% thereafter), your actual tax bill would actually be very low. Why not pay the taxes and have a good nights sleep
    It is small, less than 30 invoices per year and a revenue of about HKD 25k / month.
    Keeping things in perspective.. I would not be paying more than 8K for an audit and may be around 2.5K for a registered address and BR / cosec service.

Might be worth considering making the company dormant and using a sole prop for transactions