Does anyone know how to register an company and get a patent in France & Hong Kong?

Closed Thread

Exclamation Does anyone know how to register an company and get a patent in France & Hong Kong?

Hi ALL Smartie!

I really need help on that issue.I would like to open a fashion business in france.Sorry for my stupid......I don't really know how to do it at all.If you do know ,please let me know in detail.
    Thanks for million!-Merci!

Questions
    1) How can i register a fashion company with my own label?[brand name ]in france?what is the procedure and the fee on it ?

2)Second, while registering a fashion company name in france.can i write an hong kong address?

3)To protect my wonderful design,how can i get a patent in france for "my design"?

4)After i registered my brand name in france, can i also register it in hong kong?

5)Similar to Q#3,How can i protect my design in hong kong?

Above questions coming up inside my brain without any clue......So, please help me with this.Thanks!

In regard to item 5 and the title of the thread.

There is a difference between a Patent and Design registration.
    You don't need and would not get a Patent for a design such as an a dress. The procedure for design registration is simple BUT the terms of it are very narrow.

If you register an item and claim the colour is Yellow then in theory someone can make one in red and it does not infringe your claim. You then have to get into legal semantics about design detail and "passing off " issues. You never see poor litigation lawyers for a reason !

To register a design it can be as simple as recording its details with a lawyer with date and details OR you can go through the procedure with the National Intellectual Property register. You have one in France and there is one here in HK. Having seen experienced people do this I would suggest the lawyer route.

HOWEVER -------------- Your design IS going to get ripped of IF its any good and often new designers get a little naive on this point. There are major brands that " homage " the lines seen at Paris, London and New York and its an accepted part of the business.

One trip to Hong Kong would convince you that it is not really the design that you should concentrate upon. Its stays current for only a few months anyway, but your Brand. Spend your money on registering that, build that and become a force. Then just record your designs with your legal officer I believe that is the way the major fashion houses do it anyway. Could you imagine the paper work Largerfeld would have to go through if he tried to Patent all the stuff Channel turns out !

Good luck in what you do and maybe we will see your name on the Landmark building here , in due course.

You are aware clothing is exempt under copyright?