how to find distributors in hongkong

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

OK, ignore my suggestion...

Quote Originally Posted by sonusingh007:
    Oh yes, our company has all the necessary export license/certificates/permission for the herbs that we grow.

You have them in HONG KONG, not india or any other country. Contrary to other things in HK, anything medicinal 'like' is a pain in the ass to deal with. A ton of things are classified as pharmaceuticals in hong kong and require licensing and permits. I hope you know what you're doing and have done your research on the topic.

P.S. you need an import license to get the goods into Hk which requires a permit to get, something the HK pharmaceutical agency fails to tell people

@bookblogger : Sorry but i din't mean that, thanks for your suggestion.

@tvrlover: you are absolutely right about the complications. what i meant was, to find the distributors who can, in turn, help me to find the established companies who do import of medicinal stuff from other countries. These companies (pharmaceutical may be) must be having proper license or certificates to import that you are talking about.
    my trouble is to find the distributors or moreover from where to start looking for them (from newpaper/advertisement/internet community etc.) ???

What kinds of medicinal plants are you talking about Sonu? A lot of Indian medicinal plants (amla, tulsi) would be classified as foods or spices and therefore could be imported without much trouble. AFAIK nobody sells Indian herbs here, although if you had someone experienced in ayurvedic medicine to set up shop, I'm sure it would be a good business opportunity. There may be a few ayurvedic types who import their herbs directly however.

Here's a store that stocks Indian herbal remedies:
    http://www.sachyoga.com/sachstore.html

Here's an Ayurvedic medicine practitioner:
    http://www.ayuryoga-intl.com/enquiry.php

Last edited by jayinhongkong; 06-08-2009 at 01:23 PM.

@bookblogger : Sorry but i din't mean that, thanks for your suggestion.

@tvrlover: you are absolutely right about the complications. what i meant was, to find the distributors who can, in turn, help me to find the established companies who do import of medicinal stuff from other countries. These companies (pharmaceutical may be) must be having proper license or certificates to import that you are talking about.
    my trouble is to find the distributors or moreover from where to start looking for them (from newpaper/advertisement/internet community etc.) ???
    I'm saying to find a distributor you'll need the products in hong kong. To get the product into hong kong, you'll need a permit and an import license for pharmaceutical goods.

Hi,
    It is a different market but I import drugs into HK for use by veterinarians. drop me a private message and maybe if you are still in HK we can talk.
    cheers

am looking for distributors/sales representative/agents who can help me to promote my medicinal plants business in hongkong.
    Go to one of the many large exhibitions, the TDC have a few and obviously there are many in China,

International Conference & Exhibition of the Modernization of Chinese Medicine & Health Products

Hi Friends,
    I am staying in kowloon. I am looking for distributors/sales representative/agents who can help me to promote my medicinal plants business in hongkong. i have tried to find the same on internet but could not get appropriate links. please advise friends how to get in touch with the people having good market knowledge.
    Thank you in advance.
    You might try going to the retail stores that sell similar products, and asking them if they will carry your product.

If you are Indian, you may want to approach a merchant who is of the same ethnic background as you: hindu, sikh, moslem, etc. There are many such merchants in Chunk Kung Mansions on both the ground floor and second floors. There are also some on the ground floor of Mirador Mansions. Mirador Mansions is now renovating, so you may be able to open a direct retail outlet there.

You may wish to rent a commercial space and try selling direct to the public.

Since you are in a Chinese community, you will probably need a Chinese agent to help you with the paperwork and licensing requirements, and to act as your representative to Chinese businesses.

Regarding websites, you will need a tech person or service to set that up for you. You may need a website designer if you do not already have that. He or she will be able to advise you about tags that will get your site mentioned in search engines when surfers are looking for similar products. There is a large Indian community in HK so the site should have Chinese, English, and at least one Indian script.

Thank you everyone for your advice....