Did anyone try google adwords or yahoo search engine marketing?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    AIP

I've found facebook ads extremely effective, for very low cost. I started using them because I noticed that the ads that I get are a good match for my interest. Go for the more expensive option of per click (ie you pay for those who click on your ad) rather than per view (you pay each time it's displayed to someone, whether they click or not).

We are spending around $100 HK (not US) per week on FB advertising.

It's best to link this to a facebook fanpage for your company / product.

On google / yahoo if you are targetting local chinese speaking audience yahoo is the one to go for.

Quite honestly, I found that FB is far more effective than Yahoo or Adwords, but the trade is FB is relatively more expensive than the other 2. I constantly using Yahoo and adwords, with a small daily budget, to keep exposure, while using FB for specific target marketing and/or campaign.

One word of advice, unless you are targeting the English speaking customer in HK, you definitely need a Chinese version to your ad if you want to draw local potentials.

Glad to hear some opinions about FB ads. I had read that FB ads are not as good as Google because users are not searching for an item when they use FB, unlike Google, so the hits would be lower. It's good to hear others have success with it though. I may give it a shot. Any other opinions would be great.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2