How to find small group of dressmakers

Closed Thread

How to find small group of dressmakers

Hi, I want to start a small scale, high quality clothing line for children but having a hard time to find a small group of dress makers in Hong Kong. Been through all the various garment associations with no luck. Anyone has any other suggestions or leads? Thanks.

Have you tried checking alibaba.com ?

They might have some info on companies that can manufacture your designs for you. It's a very useful website.

Or, how about talking to the YWCA? They run courses on sewing, perhaps they can put you in touch with the right people who do that kind of thing....

Hi emypie,

Thank you for your reply! Will definitely give YWCA and alibaba a try.

Cheers,

Josiegirlhk

Quote Originally Posted by emypie:
    Have you tried checking alibaba.com ?

They might have some info on companies that can manufacture your designs for you. It's a very useful website.

Or, how about talking to the YWCA? They run courses on sewing, perhaps they can put you in touch with the right people who do that kind of thing....
    Posted via Mobile Device

I also know of a company in HKG with a factory in the mainland that will make whatever designs you give them. Check it out, might be just what you are looking for...

Plus Size Clothing Factory Normal Size Clothing Manufacturer Maternity Apparel factory Small order of clothing manufacturer sewing contractor custom made clothing men suit uniform OEM order fashion factory OEM clothing Brocade renaissance dress gown

Hi emypie,

I had a look at the company you mentioned. Difficult to gage until I try them out. I wonder if anyone in HK has tried them out. Thank you for the link though.

josiegirlhk

Good afternoon Josie,

Since May, have you found a good group of dressmakers? Have you started your business?

Actually, I am about in the same situation. I want to set up a small scale business and I am looking for dressmakers but I am having a very hard time with that.
    Could you share your experience with me? I would be so thankful.

Thanks a lot in advance.
    Stephanie