Any comments on the current stock mkts?

Closed Thread

Any comments on the current stock mkts?

Any views on the current stock mkts? seems keep going uuuuupppppppp everyday. Is this just driven by hot $ or what?

well, i'm lost as well. 8-P
    everyone thinks market should correct, and everyone thinks market shld pick up early part of next year, so that accounts for the 'want to correction' but 'unable to correct' syndrome ?

is economy good enough to give a sustained bull run ? i doubt it... is it bad enough to crash the market ? i'm not sure.. maybe if some surprises pop out.. are stock valuation too high at this level to have more upside ? well, individual stocks are i guess...

so its a mixed mixed mixed junction..

I totally agree with you and having this thinking since July and holding up till now, so you know I really missed this vally. Now, I'm woundering should I still side line, as I don't feel comfy to dive in now. Well, "what goes up must come down" right?........
    Actually, the economy in the states doesn't sound so good as I heard news this morning that Wal-Mart has to cut down on expenses and stuffs in the coming year, while it accounts for about 10% GDP in US. (correct me if I'm wrong) Now, about China everything seems so hot there and it is always on the headline, is this a signal or I'm just having the left out feeling?

I am in the process of disinvesting in the HK market with a view to being totally out if & when the index approaches 20,000.

But other markets I'm staying in: India, Latin America, Eastern Europe and (to some extent) Japan, which is a long way off its all-time high (unlike US and HK which are at or close to it).

i've like been reducing exposure. since most of my investment are in singapore stocks.. so even with the correlation its more of a stock picking individual ticker circumstance.

world wide i'm not as comfortable so reducing exposure to particularly US. Increasing exposure to Japan and emerging market (europe) for the economical revival and commodity/oil linkage.

overall i'm sitting on 2/3 cash so its like far away from what i used to be vested.

Yes - I'm 40% cash, 10% bonds, 50% equities/managed funds and I see myself being down to 30% equities/funds fairly soon.

Quote Originally Posted by angielam:
    Actually, the economy in the states doesn't sound so good as I heard news this morning that Wal-Mart has to cut down on expenses and stuffs in the coming year, while it accounts for about 10% GDP in US. (correct me if I'm wrong)
    US 2005 GDP: $12.5 trillion
    Wal-Mart's 2005 net sales $312 billion (or about 2% of US GDP) and 20% of revenue was generated from overseas operations...