Like Tree1Likes

Is it a good time to buy these property? I'm losing hope on rent.

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Quote Originally Posted by MovingIn07:
    What is SO HARD about finding somewhere to buy? When moving to Wellington from Australia, we went over for a weekend, chose a house and started the purchase process so it was done by the time we arrived a few weeks later. Ditto purchase of the boat coming here. I cannot for the life of me figure out why 'dirt' is a criteria for house purchase since 'dirt' of pretty much any form is easily removed with a decent wash or at most a make-over. Most of those village houses seem to be substantially similar to each other, so if you found an area you liked, just see if a different house is for sale nearby! Don't make this into such a drama for goodness sake.

If you need a lawn and the new house does not have one, then just create one once you move in. Ditto most of your other (surface) criteria ... location is about the one thing you cannot change once you move in so get that right first.
    There are so many things to point out, but all I'm gonna say is that it's very different here. It's really not that simple. Especially village houses. New Zealand's not as nearly as populated as Hong Kong.
    Well, anyways, of course, it wouldn't be so if I were very rich, but unfortunately...

Quote Originally Posted by HKChigger:
    Village houses for rent in Yuen Long should be anywhere between 2K to 6K for a single floor in general. I am not sure what your budget is, but if you can afford to buy a house for 4.5m I can't think why you can't rent for 2K-3K?
    I've found the perfect place today. And you're right on the budget of being under 6k.
    Well, it's just that it's my responsibility and therefore, I don't want to be asking more from my parents. They're already paying for two universities.
    Trust me when I said I looked for rent under 3k( I started on that price or below), and I tell you, it's just... nvm. Just that the housing price has gone up and everyone, even the owner of the pigfarm looking, tin covered...cage house asked for 4k. And it was near the border of Shen Zhen...

Quote Originally Posted by walkup:
    The second purchase option is dead in the water. For the first purchase option ask your lawyer if the risk re the absence of a deed is a manageable risk.
    Would you elaborate "dead in the water." I'll appreciate it. Thanks.
    Yea, I think that's the best way to go."The land has deed, but the house doesn't." This has throughly confused me... Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Drunken Master:
    If I have read your post correctly your family has been looking for a property to buy for the past 1,5 years. Prices have gone up during the search and you are not willing to pay the current price.

Now you are looking for a village house to rent but are not willing to pay the market rate.

Correct me if I am wrong.
    You're correct. And I think it's wise to wait for now.

I was looking for a house. If all goes well, I'll move into my new place soon.

PS: It was a lot of fun reading Beachman and you go back and forth. That's why I registered here.

Quote Originally Posted by RayA:

PS: It was a lot of fun reading Beachman and you go back and forth. That's why I registered here.
    Sorry, but that was towards user PDLM. Seeing the avatar picture I ignorantly presumed it were him. HKG flag ftw!

good luck and take care

Stop thinking about it too much. That's why you are 1 1/2 years down the track and no result. Actions speak louder than words, just get in there and do it and stop beating around the bush and DO something!