Like Tree5Likes

How to invest HK$30,000/month?

Closed Thread
Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2 7 8 9 10

yen, but how much interest u get as compared ?
    hmm....

Quote Originally Posted by Mat:
    There is no market crash so far.

Yesterday Hong Kong dropped 4 per cent, Singapore fell 3.1 per cent, Manila slipped 4.5 per cent, Kuala Lumpur fell 4.6 per cent and Jakarta lost 3.5 per cent. Mumbai fell 3.1 per cent.

Not really what you call a crash...
    With people talking about the HSI at 28,000 and trying to guess the peak it reminded me of this thread on the overleverage of the US. The timing was amazing, just a month before the subprime crisis hit full swing.
    Last edited by cendrillon; 03-10-2017 at 04:48 PM.
    shri likes this.

Original Post Deleted
    The real secret is to realize you know nothing. Its more powerful than you realize since it protects you from losing money trying to beat the market.

The second secret is to realize nobody else knows anything either, so you can prevent yourself from being infected by their fear.
    kittykaitak likes this.

Imagine if I'd followed this advice (to not buy property in Kennedy Town in 2007) for example. I think its rare that others are going to encourage you to execute on your plans, but they're very often going to instill their own fears in you.

Quote Originally Posted by HK_Newbie100:
    On that basis alone, without going into all the economic reasons, all HK property seems like a bad deal.

There was a very ominous sign this week in the UK. All major banks have pulled their fixed rate mortgages off the shelf as inflation figures are looking extremely bad. And that's not taking into account that official figures are largely manipulated and completely false and unreliable. If interest rates were to accurately reflect true inflation, the housing market would be already finished. Even now, the inflation, dollar, interest rate, US debt etc noose is tightening very swiftly. It's as clear as day.

It almost pains me to hear of people buying property right now, especially if they're highly mortgaged, because it's gonna be the costliest mistake they've ever made when the financial tsunami hits town. If you're unsure, just stay in cash and don't do anything.
    One thing I did correctly predict is that the financial criss in the US would lead to significant liquidity and a bubble in Hong Kong because of the pegged currency. Between that and the MTR I felt confident enough to commit.
    Last edited by cendrillon; 03-10-2017 at 05:16 PM.
    jrkob and aussie_oi_oi_oi like this.

HSI at 28000 or 30000 is nothing new and exciting. And is HK surpassing UK's and Japan's GDP per capita.

The property prices nowadays is new height.

Quote Originally Posted by cendrillon:
    With people talking about the HSI at 28,000 and trying to guess the peak it reminded me of this thread on the overleverage of the US. The timing was amazing, just a month before the subprime crisis hit full swing.

role model

Closed Thread
Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2 7 8 9 10