Good investment right now?

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 4 9 ... LastLast

Good investment right now?

How would you recommend investing a couple of hundred thousand $?

I was hoping the market crashes, or at least adjustes a bit more, but unfortunately this does seem to happen right now.

I was thinking of buying a HANG SENG CONTINENTAL EU IDX FD B, but it's at the same level it was on 22 Nov. (2.5 months ago). It's still very high, isn't it?

Alternatively, Foreign Currency Deposit Rates are still 3% for Euros, 4.7% for US$, 6.7% for NZ$. Not that great, but less risky.

What ya think?

Buying properties in mainland china or B shares, expected yearly return at 50% with very little effort to make.

Haha, and cross your fingers that the government doesn't add more measures to stop speculation in the property market

Personally I've been buying long term (18 month) HSBC warrants, not sure if it's the best strategy though. So far I'm down 2.2%, but there's still 18 months left for a recovery

I use www.hk.morningstar.com. They have all types if investment information and they are a global company...scroll to the bottom to see what information on other markets

I personally use it in the US and my fund portfolio has returned 24% in the past two years...not bad? But yes, nothing like 50% returning China funds, I think thats going to be on the downside soon though.

Quote Originally Posted by Goirish02:
    I personally use it in the US and my fund portfolio has returned 24% in the past two years...not bad?
    Total over 2 years or per year? If the former then that more or less exactly matches the DJIA.

Define what's a "good" investment first!

A "good" investment is not necessarly the same depending on your age, household, revenue, your expected return, your tolerance to risk,.....

Is anyone familiar with Investec funds? They seem to be available with no front load and some have outperformed their indices.

Feel free to use your own definition Mat, this isn't an exam

Two words that really make me want to puke are:

Managed
    Fund

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 4 9 ... LastLast