Like Tree12Likes

Selling or renting?

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Selling or renting?

In the grand scheme of things, with the US being heavily indebted, Europe being heavily indebted and probably Greece defaulting in a couple of year, economic problems in Europe and USA that don't seem to abate, a slowing economy in China, inflation in a couple of years accompanied with higher interest rates, etc. etc.....

... what do you think the price of housing will be like during the next 5 years (if there is no unforseen event, like SARS)? Will it generally go up, or down, or stay more or less the same?

Last edited by jacky_se; 30-06-2011 at 03:52 PM.

Actually, I think you should wait for a short term dip, and then buy....HK property will continue to go up for the next 5 years (not continuously up of course, but an upward trend albeit not a steep one like the past 2 years)... if you plan to be in HK for the next 5 years, be selective and buy...

Do you think the answers will be different than 2 weeks ago? Didn't have enough from your other thread?
    http://hongkong.geoexpat.com/forum/1...ead194401.html

Ramdom likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by gilleshk:
    Do you think the answers will be different than 2 weeks ago? Didn't have enough from your other thread?
    http://hongkong.geoexpat.com/forum/1...ead194401.html
    4 months and 5 years are 2 different things. Didn't you know that?

Name:  8241333-5-year-calendar-2011-through-2015-on-colorful-background-sunday-start.jpg
Views: 104
Size:  29.2 KB
    TheBrit likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by tofuoberry:
    Jacky, what is your choice now? Are u going to sell or rent? We all want to know your answers
    I started this thread to hear your opinions, not to give you my answers.

Quote Originally Posted by jacky_se:
    I started this thread to hear your opinions, not to give you my answers.
    Why not? It's been two hours since you posted and advice given surly you've made a decision by now. Pls share.

4 months and 5 years are 2 different things. Didn't you know that?

Name:  8241333-5-year-calendar-2011-through-2015-on-colorful-background-sunday-start.jpg
Views: 104
Size:  29.2 KB
    I'm sorry you are right, it's even more stupid to ask for predictions in 5 years than it is in 4 months. My mistake... I'm sure you'll get much deeper and enlightened answers than you got two weeks ago

Perhaps you should start a thread about whether June will be a rainy month in 2015...
    Last edited by gilleshk; 30-06-2011 at 05:49 PM.

OK then:

I am selling if I get a good price, and renting if I don't. The question is: what price is good? A few factors come into play there, so that's the 1 million $ question (quite literally).

Quote Originally Posted by gilleshk:
    I'm sorry you are right, it's even more stupid to ask for predictions in 5 years than it is in 4 months. My mistake... I'm sure you'll get much deeper and enlightened answers than you got two weeks ago
    Dude, if you don't like this thread there are many others...

Dude, if you don't like this thread there are many others...
    That's true, I could also go to the other renting thread you posted a couple of days ago. Not a very independent thinker I guess...

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast