China crashes, but max 10% a day

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

China crashes, but max 10% a day

http://www.chinadaily.com.cn/bizchin...ent_883642.htm

More than 1,200 stocks fell on the Shanghai and Shenzhen stock exchanges, with over 800 tumbling to their daily limits of 10 percent

It was news to me that the max drop a day is 10 %, I bet we're going to see these fall tomorrow as well...

are we ? not sure about it though.

The sky is falling, the sky is falling. It's the end of the world as we know it!!!!
    This market has to fall and it won't be pretty when it happens. Too many people put waaay too much money into this. Wonder what the ol' Communist government will do if it really tanks.

Zero

So in ten days we are at 0! :-) Joking laaaaaaaaa

Did you put those short orders in?

Quote Originally Posted by KnowItAll:
    Did you put those short orders in?
    No way, crash or not I am still up 12% YTD and I have money on the side to get more stuff once I get to see attractive prices here or abroad.

Sure I do keep an eye on things just in case...

see, it doesn't work that way right..
    too much liquidity in the market....

but if this goes down another 8% tomorrow, i'd be more than just concern.

[QUOTE=philippe;158865]No way, crash or not I am still up 12% YTD and I have money on the side to get more stuff once I get to see attractive prices here or abroad.
    QUOTE]
    Only 12% in a market this risky?
    I am up 24.31% over the past 12 months in the US; although that slides down to up 10.06% YTD. The historical return of the US market tends to be in that 10%+/- range.

Past performance is past performance, what matters right now is that the downside is clearly bigger than upside, both are perhaps as likely though, although the downside will come in 1-2 years when the business cycle closes, and yes, it will close.

In the US the business cycle doesn't close until all the books come out explaining why it will be different this time.
    And the downside is bigger; it isn't lke the Chinese are revered for their accurate stats and statements. For all we know 1/2 of these companies that are going up could be lying about everything. Sort of like Chinese enron.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast