Like Tree11Likes

Jail time for lying property sellers

Closed Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

But it's "my" thread, I started it AND took it off topic - and I don't care

Quote Originally Posted by Satay Sue:
    Oh I've flown with them a few times as well, just wished the pilot that day had delayed for a few hours, it was nice weather later that day
    This is the typhoon:

BBC News - Powerful Typhoon Nesat hits Philippines

Credit to the pilot for landing in it, was praying he would not abort the landing - but then not sure where else he could have flown to anyway!

P.S. will only take a slight turn north for this to reach HK.

Quote Originally Posted by hullexile:
    This is the typhoon:

BBC News - Powerful Typhoon Nesat hits Philippines

Credit to the pilot for landing in it, was praying he would not abort the landing - but then not sure where else he could have flown to anyway!

P.S. will only take a slight turn north for this to reach HK.
    Yes, been monitoring. There's another one starting up east of Phils too. Seems a lot around. Hope it calms down, heading to Cebu (Malapascua) in a couple of weeks...

Wouldn't it just be easier to have consumer protection legislation? Thou shalt be honest in thy advertising and not screw thy customers.

dear giant and =XTR=M= like this.

Sarcasm - because beating the crap out of people is illegal

Possibility of jailing Hong Kong land developers? No. Why? Two words - Sally Aw.

[That is, rich influential people are a protected species in Hong Kong. Also see Bokary, rich drunk slapper]

Last edited by Claire ex-ax; 27-09-2011 at 03:10 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Claire ex-ax:
    Possibility of jailing Hong Kong land developers? No. Why? Two words - Sally Aw.

[That is, rich influential people are a protected species in Hong Kong. Also see Bokary, rich drunk slapper]

Just looked them both up. Wow, talk about one rule for the common people ...

if you know who really controls hong kong, you would know this legislation is a complete joke.

The police have been investigating the 39 Conduit Road affair since July 2010. That one's disappeared without trace too.

Quote Originally Posted by ReverendJay:
    Wouldn't it just be easier to have consumer protection legislation? Thou shalt be honest in thy advertising and not screw thy customers.
    The Real Estate Developers Association (REDA) have a set of guidelines for selling new flats.

REDA - Only new developments?

The Government legislating to ensure transparent and asymmetric information on property purchases would seem to be a simple thing to do unless the majority of your revenue is linked to these dodgy practices.

Not sure why a 'new' law is being discussed - will it be backed by one of the potential CE's to make them look a like a man of the people?
    Last edited by East_coast; 27-09-2011 at 11:00 PM.

How about we take a poll on new, more fitting names for HK?

Collusion-ville
    Cartel-istan
    Corrupt-ford
    Dodgy-land
    Gini-town
    Grafters Corners

Or my favourite...Compli-City