Quote Originally Posted by PDLM:
Yes, no problem owning or leasing out a property from a legal point of view. However, you will pay tax on the profit in Hong Kong, and it won't be so straightforward to get a mortgage.
I would guess the easiest way is to get a mortgage in your home country putting in your property there (If you have a regular income there).