investment advice

Closed Thread

investment advice

Is it just me or has it become impossible to make money in HK anymore. The property market is sky high and the stocks are in the toilet.

My wife is a HK resident with no ties to any other country for tax puposes and she has investments in the HK stock market which are losing quite a bit. Is thier any money managers in HK that thier fees are geared to the money you make and not push certain stocks for thier advantage.

boats leave for Macau at regular intervals

It's time to learn how to invest.
    Retiring early in HK, search da thread

Quote Originally Posted by Rob2020:
    boats leave for Macau at regular intervals
    Not with my luck. They can leave without me thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Morrison:
    It's time to learn how to invest.
    Retiring early in HK, search da thread
    Thanks
    That was a very long and informative thread. I will read the intelligent investor for sure

It is better and cheaper if you can make your own investment decisions without relying on money managers taking the first commission cut from your investments. You might consider first transferring the existing share portfolio to your bank's nominee account if not already. From there you can trade. If you do not want to withdraw from the market you might want to consider rotating out of the 'duds'. If you are risk-averse, then buy blue-chips with good dividend records. Then you will not have to worry so much about the share price.