Like Tree120Likes

Randy's mid year property update

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 29 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 10 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Rob2020:
    I'm interested to see this conversation too, popcorn ready, it's salted not sweet.
    Want some nicely chilled Sauvignon Blanc with that? I am about to pour myself a glass....
    Rob2020 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by randy1:
    JW - the discussion with the Brit goes back several years. During the course of our first long interchange of views, it ended basically with him saying "wait and see - I will be right",
    Several years? Bit of a, no scrap that..... A huge exaggeration. Seems you were looking at buying your first property just over a year ago (and a property magnate just a couple of months later). Your arguments with TB have been since.

Damn, I fed the troll. Sorry.

well, when you live under a bridge time flies. Also, anyone find it funny that Randy lives on PI? Get it? Under a bridge? You know? Cause he's a troll? Amiright?

I spotted Randy on my way home today, passing the island on a ferry I looked out and saw:

elle, jaykay, bookblogger and 6 others like this.

When you tell a string of lies it catches up with you eventually. The more you dig the more awkward it becomes.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using GeoClicks Mobile

jaykay and Cwbguy like this.

Our wannabe property magnate isn't getting much love. He's probably feeling more oppressed than those poor vassal brits suffering under the yoke of their tyrant queen

Quote Originally Posted by gilleshk:
    Our wannabe property magnate isn't getting much love. He's probably feeling more oppressed than those poor vassal brits suffering under the yoke of their tyrant queen
    Hahahahahahahaha.....ha...huh ha. Brilliant!
    bryant.english likes this.

If you recall, the Brit has argued, repeatedly that interest rates would rise sharply and that prices would fall dramatically.

I on the other hand argued that interest rates would remain now and that prices would rise.
    Actually interest rates have effectively more than doubled from H+0.7 to ~ 2.15% now. In real terms not so much higher. Prices at the lower end have steadily been grinding higher but the 'wait, wait, wait for the collapse' still nowhere yet to be seen, although some warning signs of a serious correction in top-end rentals now being reported in this week's SCMP.

Quote Originally Posted by walkup:
    Actually interest rates have effectively more than doubled from H+0.7 to ~ 2.15% now. In real terms not so much higher. Prices at the lower end have steadily been grinding higher but the 'wait, wait, wait for the collapse' still nowhere yet to be seen, although some warning signs of a serious correction in top-end rentals now being reported in this week's SCMP.
    Having said that, the scmp today also reports that rents overall hit record highs.

For high end places I agree these are off a bit. To me the sweet spot in terms of yield are places worth 5 to 12 mil.

I terms of borrowing i have everything on hibor +.65. I agree though it's harder to get these rates but it is still possible depending on who finances you and your relationship with them etc.

I terms of borrowing i have everything on hibor +.65. I agree though it's harder to get these rates but it is still possible depending on who finances you and your relationship with them etc.
    BaconBreadBaker and Cwbguy like this.

Quote Originally Posted by BaconBreadBaker:
    well, when you live under a bridge time flies. Also, anyone find it funny that Randy lives on PI? Get it? Under a bridge? You know? Cause he's a troll? Amiright?

I spotted Randy on my way home today, passing the island on a ferry I looked out and saw:

I think this song goes well with that picture

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 29 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 10 ... LastLast