Apple shares

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Apple shares

OK....I must come clean, I'm current working for Apple, and they have this employee scheme to purchase Apple shares (I guess it sorts of guarantees loyalty to the brand once you've purchased them). If I'm not mistaken, they offer it to us at half the market price.

I haven't a foggy when it comes to shares, investments, etc. Is this a good idea?

can i buy them from you at 10% premium of your purchase price?

Quote Originally Posted by Proplus:
    OK....I must come clean, I'm current working for Apple, and they have this employee scheme to purchase Apple shares (I guess it sorts of guarantees loyalty to the brand once you've purchased them). If I'm not mistaken, they offer it to us at half the market price.

I haven't a foggy when it comes to shares, investments, etc. Is this a good idea?
    We have similar plans from time to time,never had 50% though, usually 20%, but there is a lock up period of 5 years, so.....

In previous lives I've had:
    - 5% no lockup
    - 10% 1yr lockup
    Never seen nor heard of 50%. Doesnt sound right.

My guess is the Oheels told 15% and heard "50%".

Seems quite stupid asking about the terms of an employee share program might be, on a public forum. Logical place to ask this would be the employer directly.

OK so let's say for arguments sake that it is a 15% discount. Do you think the shares are value at that price and worth buying as an employee? I think it's still quite a lot and with the possibility of a lock up period. I would probably pass, just my opinion.

I think the shares are around 570 at the moment.

It is a good deal and you should sign up. Even with a 15% discount. You are not paying transaction costs and with a regular purchase scheme a good way to accumulate savings. Buy what you can while you are an employee.

Just ask yourself: "What would Steve do?"

Quote Originally Posted by walkup:
    It is a good deal and you should sign up. Even with a 15% discount. You are not paying transaction costs and with a regular purchase scheme a good way to accumulate savings. Buy what you can while you are an employee.
    If there is no lock up period it's a no brainer. You buy to the max amount permitted and sell
    Immediately upon allocation of the discounted stock.

Oops!! Yeah, you're right, its 15% discount of the lowest value of the price between a signed up 6 months period.

I presume a lock out period is a period in which you can't sell? If so, there isn't one. Once the shares are issued to you, you can do whatever with them.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast