Like Tree3Likes

Best area to open an office in Hong Kong

Closed Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Staffing cost are higher in the city centre. Employees tends to be better, dress better, and perceived to be more motivated. Employees also prefer jobs near mtr or near major transport hubs.

Quote Originally Posted by wtbhotia:
    cheapest I could find while having a look around was the below, there probably is cheaper out in the sticks in the NT

Address: 1 Hung To Road, Kwun Tong, Kowloon, Hong Kong
    Unit/Floor: High Floor
    Area (sq.ft.): 1,153 (G)
    Estimated Efficiency Rate: 70%
    Estimated Net Area (sq.ft.): 807
    Rent (HK$): $14,989 (@$13)
    Selling Price (HK$): N/A
    Sell Status (For sale only):
    View:
    Decoration: Bare Shell
    Availability: Immediate
    Management Fee (HK$): $1,499 per month
    Government Rate (HK$): To be confirmed
    Government Rent (HK$): Inclusive
    CRAZY!! I can get you 700 sq. ft. for around $8k in a lovely office building (not industrial looking), toilet/shower/kitchenette inside and balcony.

Tuen Mun

Quote Originally Posted by bryant.english:
    CRAZY!! I can get you 700 sq. ft. for around $8k in a lovely office building (not industrial looking), toilet/shower/kitchenette inside and balcony.

Tuen Mun
    thats why I said "there probably is cheaper out in the sticks in the NT", Tuen Mun to me is out in the sticks
    HowardCoombs and hktraveller like this.

Quote Originally Posted by bryant.english:

Tuen Mun
    What is crazy about that? You compare 700 with 1153 sqft and a relatively close place to a more remote one (MTR TST-Fo Tan 29 minutes, Tuen Mun 46 minutes). Then in Fo Tan almost all units are walking distance within 10 minutes from the MTR. Not so in Tuen Mun. Price difference for same size units about 12%.

Your budget is obviously too low. 7000+ USD is more realistic if you want to get anything decent imo ...

Personally I would try and stay on the Island. The nature of your business would benefit I think for a more prestigious local?