Like Tree2Likes

Home Prices At Fresh New Highs reports SCMP

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by hullexile:
    The prediction above in the scmp proved wrong. I miss dear old randy
    Never mind, let's not get into another of these useless debate. back to running.
    Last edited by Mat; 09-01-2014 at 05:55 AM.

what is fundamentally sustaining the rises though when developers are discounting 20% in primary market and secondary market is basically frozen?

caught up with my landlord last week and he now basically cannot sell without a massive discount

Last edited by jw1701; 09-01-2014 at 09:49 AM.

While it seems pretty evident nowadays property sellers are having an increasingly tough time our beloved rag still seems to run tycoon-sponsored articles saying property is on the rise again, hilarious:

http://biglychee.com/blog/2014/01/06...-property-now/

Quote Originally Posted by jw1701:
    secondary market is basically frozen?

caught up with my landlord last week and he now basically cannot sell without a massive discount
    Friend said it took him 6 months to recently shift an apartment in Wanchai, so yes it is sticky.

Quote Originally Posted by preludefan:
    Are they still going ahead with the mtr line to tai po? Property is cheap there...

Sent from my GT-I9300 using GeoClicks mobile app
    Don't they already have a MTR line there? The East Rail line (formerly of the KCR) has two stops at Tai Po if I'm not mistaken.

preludefan

Im unsure to be honest, im just relaying words from the street, heard they were going to run the mtr right up to fanling eventually and get rid of the east rail line...

Im unsure to be honest, im just relaying words from the street, heard they were going to run the mtr right up to fanling eventually and get rid of the east rail line...
    Which street is this?

Er, what? I'll have some of what you're on please!

preludefan

Ok...so that is obviously just a rumor...

You really have no clue about Hong Kong! The MTR runs the East Rail line. Start here to further your education: http://www.mtr.com.hk

The "street" you refer to is obviously full of similarly clueless people, and is obviously located far away from Hong Kong!