Like Tree9Likes

Increasing Immediate supply of property

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Increasing Immediate supply of property

Can't Government impose tax on multiple property holder e.g. If you have 3rd properties than 5 % tax on 3rd, for 4th 7 % tax etc.
    They can also put additional income tax on RENT

this will bring more properties to market and cool down property market

Quote Originally Posted by Joseph098765:
    Can't Government impose tax on multiple property holder e.g. If you have 3rd properties than 5 % tax on 3rd, for 4th 7 % tax etc.
    They can also put additional income tax on RENT

this will bring more properties to market and cool down property market
    Any proposed tax should be simple to manage. I don't think your proposals meet that criteria.

Place a tax on all unoccupied property.

Joseph098765 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by walkup:
    Any proposed tax should be simple to manage. I don't think your proposals meet that criteria.
    When will HKID be used then ?

Quote Originally Posted by virago:
    Place a tax on all unoccupied property.
    How would this work? What if a previously unoccupied flat is suddenly 'leased' to a spouse or sibling?
    bryant.english likes this.

Indeed - how exactly would you define or measure "unoccupied"?

Quote Originally Posted by Dreadnought:
    How would this work? What if a previously unoccupied flat is suddenly 'leased' to a spouse or sibling?
    Good point. I tentionally left it vague as I don't have all the answers. The question is find 'immediate' supply. What more immediate supply is unused property. The other option is to find incentives to unused property to open to the public. Which is completely opposite and frankly, if you have a property which does not cost you much to hold it does not make sense to earn more cash by leasing it.

You seem to just want to find holes in suggestions rather than find solutions. Why not provide a solution as to how it might work.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using GeoClicks Mobile

Repeg the HK$ 20% higher. This should bring property prices down 10-20% (according to some. Personally, I am not entirely sure this will happen).

After that drop, prices will keep going up again

Everywhere where gov't tries to "cool down" other than tougher mortgage requirements to deter buyers with limited means the measures simply don't work.

It is a market that is supply and demand driven and all these things like tax for not living in it it, etc have simply been ineffective.

Easiest and simplest way is to allow Industrial Building to be converted to residence. There are large number of Industrial building lying vacant, waiting for change of the policy.

walkup and bryant.english like this.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast