Drop in property stocks drag down index/market

Closed Thread

Drop in property stocks drag down index/market

Holy crap man, these journalists are like Einstein. Who would have thought that the index would drop as a result of property firms dropping.

http://www.marketwatch.com/story/hon...ket-2013-03-14

Regards,
    wokup

Actually if you had waited until the end of the day's trading you will have noticed that the Hang Seng reversed its morning downward movement. One property share at least recovered a 2% drop. For the last 4 years now the end of the world team has been bemused and incensed that both property and stocks haven't fallen off a cliff. They think it is obvious that it should do. Next!

Quote Originally Posted by walkup:
    Actually if you had waited until the end of the day's trading you will have noticed that the Hang Seng reversed its morning downward movement. One property share at least recovered a 2% drop.
    Erm, good call on the wait until the end of the day Walkup... Pretty much a straight line down from the time you wrote that until the um, end of the day...

I reckon Walkup should buy Kimberly Clark Corp stock, the largest tissue manufacturer in the world .

Quote Originally Posted by Skyhook:
    I reckon Walkup should buy Kimberly Clark Corp stock, the largest tissue manufacturer in the world .
    Yes, maybe I should. The stock has gone up 30% in the last 12 months. Possibly you didn't check before making the joke.

Quote Originally Posted by rathunt:
    Erm, good call on the wait until the end of the day Walkup... Pretty much a straight line down from the time you wrote that until the um, end of the day...
    That's right. Unfortunately I was stuck in a plane over the South China Sea otherwise I might have been tempted to respond on the stock moves. My comment was made with the Hang Seng figures at that moment. My criticism was that a headline was made out of stock market prices already out of date from the previous Friday.